Angel Tree Post

Anonymous 1

Unread post

The holidays are one of my favorite times of the year. I love spending time with my children and extended family, eating too much food, and I especially cherish the looks of joy on my children’s faces when they come downstairs on Christmas morning and see their presents under the tree.

If you cannot afford gifts for your children this holiday season, please post an Amazon wishlist of what they might like. I will select and purchase items throughout November and early December, and hope that other members that can afford to will consider doing the same.

I have also seen a couple of posts from members struggling to feed their families. You can include food items on wishlists too!

If you do purchase something off a wishlist, please quote the list and reply with what you bought!!

Eta: you have to include a shipping address for your list, the address is hidden.
 ! Message from: 12skipafew
Verified and approved post
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I hope this works out better than it did on cafemom
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Good luck with this.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

What happened on cafemom?

One year I had several members offering to send gifts after I posted about being broke after my marriage ended. There were three who I accepted help from and two of them never sent anything in the end, but I never said anything about it. I'm not someone who feels entitled to help but I thought it was so wrong to offer and then not follow through. Was it something like that?
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:51 pm I hope this works out better than it did on cafemom
12skipafew
Khaleesi
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I vaguely remember someone making and posting multiple wishlists in order to get as much as possible and creating a different sad story for each one. People ended up telling each other to not buy anything and lots of orders were cancelled (I actually cancelled the one that I was going to get too.) If I catch something like that though I’ll make sure that the comment is deleted. I don’t think we will have a problem like that here because this site is so much smaller and it’s easier to catch scammers (this statement is not a challenge lol.)

I hope that nobody would take advantage of another member like that. We’re a small, somewhat dysfunctional family on this site lol.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:13 am What happened on cafemom?

One year I had several members offering to send gifts after I posted about being broke after my marriage ended. There were three who I accepted help from and two of them never sent anything in the end, but I never said anything about it. I'm not someone who feels entitled to help but I thought it was so wrong to offer and then not follow through. Was it something like that?
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:51 pm I hope this works out better than it did on cafemom
🤓The Admin 🤓
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Oh wow! What a shame! I wonder if that was the same year that I was led on. I wasn't very active so I would have most likely missed the drama, but it would explain why the ladies pulled out. I wish they'd have at least sent a message letting me know. It was already a rough year for me and that false hope made it that much harder.
12skipafew wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:54 am I vaguely remember someone making and posting multiple wishlists in order to get as much as possible and creating a different sad story for each one. People ended up telling each other to not buy anything and lots of orders were cancelled (I actually cancelled the one that I was going to get too.) If I catch something like that though I’ll make sure that the comment is deleted. I don’t think we will have a problem like that here because this site is so much smaller and it’s easier to catch scammers (this statement is not a challenge lol.)

I hope that nobody would take advantage of another member like that. We’re a small, somewhat dysfunctional family on this site lol.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:13 am What happened on cafemom?

That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That's really nice of you. I hope it works out and you don't get taken advantage of.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Here is mine. Most of the things on here all of my kids will play with so it benefits everyone.

https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/KECBTRN7ACNP
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Will my contact information be included if I purchase something off the wishlist?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:38 pm Will my contact information be included if I purchase something off the wishlist?
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=233051
Locked Previous topicNext topic