lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mario Batali Under Criminal Investigation For Sexual Misconduct: NYPD
HuffPost Yashar Ali,HuffPost 12 hours ago
Reactions Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email
Mario Batali, pictured in October.
Mario Batali, the world-famous chef and restaurateur who has been accused by at least 11 women of sexual misconduct, is the subject of an ongoing investigation by the New York Police Department into allegations of criminal sexual misconduct.

News of the investigation was first reported by the CBS news show “60 Minutes” this evening. A source at the NYPD confirmed the investigation to HuffPost but declined to elaborate further.

Sexual misconduct allegations against Batali first surfaced in December when Eater published a story detailing four women’s allegations against Batali that included sexual assault. At the time, Batali acknowledged that he engaged in inappropriate behavior and took leave from his restaurant group.

The “60 Minutes” story includes interviews with women who say they were sexually assaulted by Batali. One woman, who was interviewed in silhouette to protect her identity, is accusing Batali of drugging her and engaging in what she described as criminal sexual misconduct while she was unconscious. Batali, through an attorney, denied these allegations.

At the time, the woman, who worked for Batali in 2005, had a rape kit done and spoke to detectives in the special victims unit at the NYPD. Even though the detectives asked her to file a police report, she declined, telling “60 Minutes,” “They tried getting me to file a report. They tried, they tried. But I ― you know, a young actress, no resources, no money ― I couldn’t. I― I couldn’t do it.”

Follow Yashar — or send him a tip — on Twitter: @yashar

This article originally appeared on HuffPost.

TESTING
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm not sure where it went. I'm positive it was here earlier. Also, do you know if it's possible to change background colors and font sizes because my eyes can't handle this? I can deal with short replies but trying to read your post was giving me a headache. I really want to read shit.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:32 am I'm not sure where it went. I'm positive it was here earlier. Also, do you know if it's possible to change background colors and font sizes because my eyes can't handle this? I can deal with short replies but trying to read your post was giving me a headache. I really want to read shit.
Yeah, not article friendly... =0(
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lunarprancer wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:51 am
bmw29 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:32 am I'm not sure where it went. I'm positive it was here earlier. Also, do you know if it's possible to change background colors and font sizes because my eyes can't handle this? I can deal with short replies but trying to read your post was giving me a headache. I really want to read shit.
I'm sure that will change. Guess we shouldn't expect everything so soon. LOL
admin
The Law
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Yes guys. I'll give you the option to change the layout later on today.
"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

admin wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:54 am
Awesome, I figured that was in the works. I'm just in awe of how well you did this and so damn quickly. I can wait on the kinks to be worked out.
piratemoo
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:57 am
Awesome, I figured that was in the works. I'm just in awe of how well you did this and so damn quickly. I can wait on the kinks to be worked out.
I don't mess around when it comes to this stuff. :)
It helps that I run a tech blog https://www.piratemoo.net/moosings , so I'm familiar with setting the base up for stuff like this. I'm just short on time usually. I won't be back until 6PM tonight, but I'll work on it as much as I can when I do (if work is slow, I'll be on here working on it).
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

piratemoo wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:03 am

It helps that I run a tech blog https://www.piratemoo.net/moosings , so I'm familiar with setting the base up for stuff like this. I'm just short on time usually. I won't be back until 6PM tonight, but I'll work on it as much as I can when I do (if work is slow, I'll be on here working on it).
That's fine with me. I'm too exhausted to be impatient right now.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:53 am
Lunarprancer wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 7:51 am
I'm sure that will change. Guess we shouldn't expect everything so soon. LOL
No, I'm not bitching. It's nice in here.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

piratemoo wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 8:03 am

Did I say thank you yet? THANK YOU!
Locked Previous topicNext topic