Overwhelmed

Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

When I start to feel overwhelmed with everything I should do, I shut down and get nothing done

And I don’t really have the luxury to do that.
What do you do when you feel overwhelmed and dissatisfied?
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

I get the same way. So what i do is start with the easiest and simplest thing i need to get done snd go from there.
Ol--akasha--lo
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

I make a list on my whiteboard. When I complete a task, it gets erased. Seing the list get smaller keeps me motivated.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

when I'm like that I try to do a mental list of what needs to be done first. Sometimes, I start with task that I hate doing the most and get that out of the way.
To clear my head I exercise..sometimes sweating it out will clear my head and give me energy to tackle issues/work.
RedBottoms

Unread post

I feel you. They say its easier to start small. So just pick one simple task and do that one task. Like clearing off countertops and wiping them down. Just focus on that. Then if you complete that-take a break then find another tiny simple task and do that. Then its easier to focus and not be like OMG where to start too much!!!

Or time yourself-I am going to work for 30 minutes and set a timer.

baby steps.

If you can declutter your house and calender and life that makes it easier too. Getting organized can help
RedBottoms

Unread post

Ol--akasha--lo wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:05 pm I make a list on my whiteboard. When I complete a task, it gets erased. Seing the list get smaller keeps me motivated.
I do the same but in a regular old notebook. I write out all my tasks for the week and then cross them off as I go.
Ol--akasha--lo
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:13 pm
Ol--akasha--lo wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:05 pm I make a list on my whiteboard. When I complete a task, it gets erased. Seing the list get smaller keeps me motivated.
I do the same but in a regular old notebook. I write out all my tasks for the week and then cross them off as I go.
I tried crossing things off but it still looks cluttered and overwhelming for me. Seeing stuff disappear from the list makes me feel more productive.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I sit on my ass and stuff my face.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lunarprancer wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:53 pm I sit on my ass and stuff my face.
That’s pretty much how I’ve been coping
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:56 pm
Lunarprancer wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:53 pm I sit on my ass and stuff my face.
That’s pretty much how I’ve been coping
Locked Previous topicNext topic