He lost in court and now he is out a ton of money

Unread post

And I honestly still dont feel bad

I posted on CM about how I was moving from the us back home out of the country. I had found out my fiance had been cheating on me with a close friend. I knew that I wasnt going to stay with him or marry him. We originally were going to get married after I had the baby (I didnt want to be pregnant at the wedding) but we moved up the wedding to avoid visa issues. I wasnt going to be able to get a visa through my job anymore

Moving was a no brainer because staying wasnt a valid option. My ex was not happy. He tried to forbid me from moving.

Well I moved and I had my son. We had our first court date, I told my ex he shouldnt even waste the money to come out for it because we knew exactly what would happen... he would get visitations where I live which he couldnt afford. I told him instead of flying out just for court he should save his money and fly out for a proper trip.

Court went the way we knew it would. I have full legal and physical custody. He has 2 set up visitations but he isnt sure he can even afford one.

I am not sure what he was thinking he was going to get. It isnt like he can have custody when he lives in a different country and the baby is so young. I know when the baby is older he will have visitations in the US but that wont happen for years and years.

He spent two days with the baby before having to go back. If he had skipped this court date and saved up the money instead he could have spent more time with the baby.

He tried to convince me to let him leave with the baby like I am just going to give my child up lol. He makes me out to be the bad guy when we could have been happily together with our baby if he hadnt cheated.
J&M Mom
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

It’s crap that he cheated on you and it’s unfortunate that you now live in two different countries. But please do everything you can to make sure your child has a relationship with the father. Send him pictures and as the child gets older allow phone calls, Skype, etc sonthat they can build a bond.

Unread post

J&M Mom wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:19 am It’s crap that he cheated on you and it’s unfortunate that you now live in two different countries. But please do everything you can to make sure your child has a relationship with the child. Send him pictures and as the child gets older allow phone calls, Skype, etc sonthat they can build a bond.
I send him and his family pictures and videos all the time.
WickedLauraBelle
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Sorry. Shouldn’t have cheated asshole.

Edit to add. Make sure you try to foster a relationship between the child and it’s father. You don’t want your child to grow up and resent you for not allowing them to have a good relationship with dad. But it seems you are doing what you should.
We’re all stories in the end. Make it a good one.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It's a crappy situation and it's his own doing. But the level of resentment and sticking it to him that comes across in your post is unhealthy.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

And "years and years" will go by faster than you think.
WickedLauraBelle
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:00 am It's a crappy situation and it's his own doing. But the level of resentment and sticking it to him that comes across in your post is unhealthy.
I agree but It’s all still a bit fresh I think. She’ll get over it in time.
We’re all stories in the end. Make it a good one.

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:01 am And "years and years" will go by faster than you think.
I am sure it will. A summer trip to see his dad when he is older will probably be very fun for DS
silverdawn99
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Yes he did something wrong but in the end you are in the wrong. You are depriving your child oit of a father because you are upset. Its your kid that is going to suffer in the long run. Congratulations on not letting your child have a having a healthy relationship with their father
RedBottoms

Unread post

You are the bad guy in this too. Because of your bad choice in men-your child has to grow up having a father rarely around which is sad. I would not be so smug. Its a sad situation for the child.
Locked Previous topicNext topic