DD has decided to go for her bachelors degree instead of getting a job

Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If it was my child she would be working and going to school. I personally would not be funding her fully.
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

What is her other degree in? Does she live at home? How old is she?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

So tell her, not us. Tell her good luck with that because the bank of mommy and daddy has closed down. She'll just have to get student loans to pay for it.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

She doesn't think she needs job experience?
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Most of the nurses I know who got their BSN (or are getting it) online while working. Is that an option for her?
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:40 pm I love how everyone claims education is so important but when it comes to paying for it, it’s a different story. You need a BSN to get a high paying job. Even better is Nurse Practitioner. How people don’t want to educate their children is puzzling to me.
This. You really do need a bsn for higher pay. I'm looking at a bachelor's in childhood education with emphasis on special education.
I definitly need a bachelor's for that. Good thing I have credits I can transfer.
i want candy!
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Your DD is lucky you two supported her 100% while she got her associates. She needs to work.
Tons of people work FT while going to school FT and paying their own way. I'm doing it now.

She has no excuses.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:50 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:40 pm I love how everyone claims education is so important but when it comes to paying for it, it’s a different story. You need a BSN to get a high paying job. Even better is Nurse Practitioner. How people don’t want to educate their children is puzzling to me.
This is the second time around we have paid for a degree. We made a deal and she is going back on it. She needs to get a job
What was the first degree in?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mixed feelings.

I am a bit of a work-aholic, so I have trouble understanding how people do not want to work. But some people do struggle working AND doing well in school, despite the current belief, “everyone can do it”.

If you have had a strong, trusting relationship up to this point, you stand your ground and you guys can probably weather through it. She will be upset for a bit but, She’ll find a way. She may have to take out loans.
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:53 am
Maggie wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:24 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:22 pm Do you not need a four year degree to be a nurse where you are?

Tell her you're going to start charging her rent.
Here in the states you can have an ADN (2 yrs) to work as an RN, butttttt hospitals are now requiring a BSN (4 yr).
What is a BSN?
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Locked Previous topicNext topic