What do you think?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

We are having a pizza party at work. At my job, you are allowed to eat on the clock as long as you get your other work done.

So everyone was going into the break room when they had a second and eating a couple pieces here and there. No big deal.

I was grabbing a piece and a co-worker came in to get some pizza.

An assistant manager saw her and said "So you're taking your lunch now right since you are eating the pizza?"

She said no, she'd still want her lunch cause she uses it to call home and check on her kids/skype with them. The assistant got mad at her for it and said she should not be eating unless she was clocked out.

This manager was surrounded by a few other employees, all of which she said not one word to about taking lunches because they were eating pizza. These employees have not already taken their lunches and were not clocked out. I checked.

I feel like that was a bitch move and I spoke up. I asked oh do you want me to take my lunch too since I'm eating? She said no, only the other girl. I asked why and she walked away.

I feel like she was being a bitch to demand one person clock out to grab a slice of pizza but not the other employees.

I am above this manager and I will be saying something to our boss. I hate seeing people bullied and will be the first to speak up.

This employee is a bit timid and wouldn't stand up for herself which she does need to work on but for now I feel like the manager was on a power trip since she was trying to make one employee do something everyone around her was not doing.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

I'm confused about how you're above the assistant manager but not the manager.
Also, if we have a pizza party or birthday party at work we're always on the clock. Its a work event not personal time.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:04 pm I'm confused about how you're above the assistant manager but not the manager.
Also, if we have a pizza party or birthday party at work we're always on the clock. Its a work event not personal time.
Idk about OP but my job has assistant managers, one operations manager and one store manager. The operations manager is above assistants and below the store manager.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m with you.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yeah...some people are easy to pick on and some people love to pick on them. You can stick up for timid-girl, but unless you're going to be there all the time, then either timid-girl is going to have to learn some assertiveness or nasty-boss will have to explore why she likes being nasty.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:58 pm We are having a pizza party at work. At my job, you are allowed to eat on the clock as long as you get your other work done.

So everyone was going into the break room when they had a second and eating a couple pieces here and there. No big deal.

An assistant manager saw her and said "So you're taking your lunch now right since you are eating the pizza?"

She said no, she'd still want her lunch cause she uses it to call home and check on her kids/skype with them. The assistant got mad at her for it and said she should not be eating unless she was clocked out.

This manager was surrounded by a few other employees, all of which she said not one word to about taking lunches because they were eating pizza. These employees have not already taken their lunches and were not clocked out. I checked.

I feel like that was a bitch move and I spoke up. I asked oh do you want me to take my lunch too since I'm eating? She said no, only the other girl. I asked why and she walked away.

I feel like she was being a bitch to demand one person clock out to grab a slice of pizza but not the other employees.

I am above this manager and I will be saying something to our boss. I hate seeing people bullied and will be the first to speak up.

This employee is a bit timid and wouldn't stand up for herself which she does need to work on but for now I feel like the manager was on a power trip since she was trying to make one employee do something everyone around her was not doing.
Good job sticking up for the timid lady. Since you are above that bitchy manager, I would have told her she doesn't have permission to walk away until she explains why she was singling out one employee and not the rest.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If you're above that person, of course their response was no when you asked if they wanted you to be on break too. Who would tell someone that's their superior that they wanted them to go on break?

I might find out why first, before I started jeopardizing this other person's job. Ask the question why she was being told to take her break if she was eating. Does she leave the floor a lot? Does she disappear and can't be found? Does she make or take personal calls during work time? Does she stroll in late from break regularly? Is she a smoker so running outside for 15 minutes every hour, thereby getting a couple of hours break time that everyone else doesn't get?

There might be a valid reason why she specifically was the focus of that comment.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Sounds a lot like an old manager of mine who got fired for being similarly c**t-like.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What did your boss say?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:58 pm We are having a pizza party at work. At my job, you are allowed to eat on the clock as long as you get your other work done.

Anonymous 4

Unread post

I wouldnt work for such a crappy place. Doesnt anyone have self respect on this website?
Locked Previous topicNext topic