Pinworm Help!

Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:11 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:39 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:27 pm

My kid isn't putting shit in their mouth. Google is your friend use it. If you don't have anything constructive to give. GTFO of my post.
LMAO, you can't control someone replying in your post.
But 3 is right, its nasty. No one in our family has ever had pinworms. I dont think having as many pinworm or lice episodes that your family has had is normal at all.

How does someone get pinworms?
Pinworms are spread when an infected person, most often a child, has scratched his/her bare anal area and the eggs get under his/her fingernails. Pinworms can then be spread in the following ways:

By an infected child not washing hands after using the bathroom. If the child then touches playmates or toys, he/she may pass on the eggs.
Pinworm eggs can also be transferred to the fingers from clothing or bedding, and then spread around the home.
Eggs may be inhaled from the air or deposited onto food and swallowed.
Pinworms can survive up to two weeks on clothing, bedding or other objects, if kept at room temperature

I've never dealt with them but it sounds fairly easy to get rid of. I wash sheets and bedding once a week anyways. And then maybe steam clean furniture, wipe off surfaces and such. Idk am I missing something? How does one even know they have them? Do they just like live in your poop or something?
They hang out in your colon but travel down your intestines at night, or when you're not active, and lay eggs outside your anus or along the folds of your genitals. My girls always complain of pain and hour or two after falling asleep. I keep pinworm medicine on hand. I never have an issue in the winter. It's always in the summer when they've been outside in our backyard playing. We have our three acre yard sprayed every year for pests but they dont have anything for pinworm eggs, at least none that they know of. I've l asked. I have started using diatomaceous earth in the areas they play most and either they've finally learned to keep their hands out of their mouths and wash up when they come in or the DE is working. Haven't had a bout of this year. *Knocks on wood. They're also 10 and 11 now so they aren't exactly "playing in the dirt" so to speak anymore.
Locked Previous topicNext topic