Pinworm Help!

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:27 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:14 pm That is disgusting and not normal at all. What is wrong with your kid that they dont understand not to put shit in their mouth?
My kid isn't putting shit in their mouth. Google is your friend use it. If you don't have anything constructive to give. GTFO of my post.
Pinworms are spread through shit. Your kid is nasty as f**k
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:39 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:14 pm That is disgusting and not normal at all. What is wrong with your kid that they dont understand not to put shit in their mouth?
My kid isn't putting shit in their mouth. Google is your friend use it. If you don't have anything constructive to give. GTFO of my post.
LMAO, you can't control someone replying in your post.
But 3 is right, its nasty. No one in our family has ever had pinworms. I dont think having as many pinworm or lice episodes that your family has had is normal at all.

How does someone get pinworms?
Pinworms are spread when an infected person, most often a child, has scratched his/her bare anal area and the eggs get under his/her fingernails. Pinworms can then be spread in the following ways:

By an infected child not washing hands after using the bathroom. If the child then touches playmates or toys, he/she may pass on the eggs.
Pinworm eggs can also be transferred to the fingers from clothing or bedding, and then spread around the home.
Eggs may be inhaled from the air or deposited onto food and swallowed.
Pinworms can survive up to two weeks on clothing, bedding or other objects, if kept at room temperature
*knock on wood* We haven't dealt with lice in a long time, but the pinworms started last year when the LO started pre-k.
As you copy pasted, the kids aren't eating shit. Pinworms are very contagious and hard to get rid of. I did a very thorough cleaning the first time it happen and the second time. After the second time, I got a steamer and stocked pile on lysol. My home was getting a very thorough deep clean once a week during the school year, but only once a month in the summer.
As another poster stated her kids get it once a summer. I didn't think about the playground d since we had never had this issue prior to pre-k last year.
There is nothing wrong with having a good preventative measure in place. For lice I keep my children's hair short or pulled back in a braid with product in their hair and constantly remind them to not share hats, coats and hair accessories with their friends. An ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:54 pm
Here something another anon copy and pasted. Maybe you should read it before posting

Pinworms are spread when an infected person, most often a child, has scratched his/her bare anal area and the eggs get under his/her fingernails. Pinworms can then be spread in the following ways:

By an infected child not washing hands after using the bathroom. If the child then touches playmates or toys, he/she may pass on the eggs.
Pinworm eggs can also be transferred to the fingers from clothing or bedding, and then spread around the home.
Pinworms can survive up to two weeks on clothing, bedding or other objects, if kept at room temperature
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:54 pm
You are being a nasty birch and child bashing, which is against the group guidelines. I suggest you reign in that nasty disposition quickly. Pinworms and lice are nasty but it seems as though OP is being vigilant about trying to prevent future breakouts and is asking for tips and home remedy information.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

But 3 is right, its nasty. No one in our family has ever had pinworms. I dont think having as many pinworm or lice episodes that your family has had is normal at all.

I've never dealt with them but it sounds fairly easy to get rid of. I wash sheets and bedding once a week anyways. And then maybe steam clean furniture, wipe off surfaces and such. Idk am I missing something? How does one even know they have them? Do they just like live in your poop or something?
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I have no advice but I wish you the best of luck. I would freak out.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:38 pm
Emandab wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:00 pm Most likely they are not getting it from classmates but the playground or your back yard. Ive been through this every summer with my kids. I preach and preach about washing their hands when they come in from playing and to keep their hands out of their mouths, but alas, they get it at least once every summer.
I can't wait for this phase in my life to be over. Pinworms is like lice, one brings it home and everyone gets it one way or another.
Sounds frustrating. I didn't know they were that common. Hopefully pinks solution will keep them at bay.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:11 pm

I've never dealt with them but it sounds fairly easy to get rid of. I wash sheets and bedding once a week anyways. And then maybe steam clean furniture, wipe off surfaces and such. Idk am I missing something? How does one even know they have them? Do they just like live in your poop or something?
Nooooo! OMG I would lose my ever loving mind! I had no idea THAT'S how they spread.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 3

Unread post

All of that originates from shit. The worms can not reproduce anywhere besides the GI tract. It is part of their life cycle
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:11 pm

It is not just your sheets and bedding. They can live on a surface for up to two weeks.
Someone with pinworms, wipes themselves after using the restroom. They close the toilet lid, flushes, washes their hands and dries them.
That person could had spread the eggs to the toilet lid, flusher, faucet handles and towel.
The next person comes and it gets eggs on their hands from any of those areas and then spreads it to other areas. They can ingest the eggs when eating something that does not require a utensil
Most likely, though, someone scratched their butt in the middle of the night while sleeping and then touch something like the fridge handle in the morning when they got something to eat or drink.
They live in your GI. The females come out to lay their eggs around the outside of your anus and that can cause itchiness. I found out when my LO kept waking up in the middle night complaining about his booty being itchy. I went to wipe his butt with a baby wipe thinking maybe he didn't wipe well enough and saw the worm.
Locked Previous topicNext topic