I hate being told I’m beautiful or anything that complements me on my looks

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:45 pm They could be saying this to be sarcastic because you aren't beautiful, anything is possible and content matters
I’m average. People saying “ hi beautiful “ or “you look beautiful today”
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:48 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:46 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:43 pm )l

I’m not beautiful at all
That's nice, but that's not why you're cursed.
Why am I cursed? theecollause I down’t like compliments?)
You're cursed with low self-worth and the inability to understand that beauty is purely subjective.
You don't get to declare another person a liar because they think you're beautiful.
I hope you can learn to love yourself, you're kind of stuck with you.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It made me uncomfortable when I was younger and I found it vexing like that’s the limit they viewed me in, instead of seeing me as a whole person. Now that I’m older, I don’t spend as much time thinking on it, I just accept the compliment and move on because I know there’s more to me than what people see on the outside and it’s their loss.

Is it possible that they aren’t lying, that they do think you are visually appealing but because you don’t see yourself the same way, you feel they are lying? That’s what I think could be happening based on your replies.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:02 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:48 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:46 pm

That's nice, but that's not why you're cursed.
Why am I cursed? theecollause I down’t like compliments?)
You're cursed with low self-worth and the inability to understand that beauty is purely subjective.
You don't get to declare another person a liar because they think you're beautiful.
I hope you can learn to love yourself, you're kind of stuck with you.
It has nothing to do with self love it’s just unnecessary I don’t say anything but thank you if someone says it. I’m allowed to hate it and not think of it as something worth mentioning
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:03 pm It made me uncomfortable when I was younger and I found it vexing like that’s the limit they viewed me in, instead of seeing me as a whole person. Now that I’m older, I don’t spend as much time thinking on it, I just accept the compliment and move on because I know there’s more to me than what people see on the outside and it’s their loss.

Is it possible that they aren’t lying, that they do think you are visually appealing but because you don’t see yourself the same way, you feel they are lying? That’s what I think could be happening based on your replies.
It’s more that being visually appealing is not something that needs a conversation “thanks for liking my face?”
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Learn to take a compliment graciously.
It happens often to me.
Brag for a moment.... one day a male stranger waved me down while we were at a red light just to tell me I'm beautiful. I said thank you and went about my day.

And no i dont think im particularly beautiful but other people do. So what? They want to compliment me. Ill take it and say thank you.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:03 pm Learn to take a compliment graciously.
It happens often to me.
Brag for a moment.... one day a male stranger waved me down while we were at a red light just to tell me I'm beautiful. I said thank you and went about my day.

And no i dont think im particularly beautiful but other people do. So what? They want to compliment me. Ill take it and say thank you.
I say thank you, if it’s a man I definitely wouldn’t be interested after that
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:49 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:45 pm They could be saying this to be sarcastic because you aren't beautiful, anything is possible and content matters
I’m average. People saying “ hi beautiful “ or “you look beautiful today”
Oh.. I get that a lot.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:42 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:40 pm Aww, my children tell me I am so beautiful, so does nun DH. I love it!
I hate it compliment me on anything else
Wow...Even from your own SO?

Or your own beautiful children?

Lol, you need to do some soul searching girl.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:32 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:13 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:09 pm I'm curious. I want to see your pretty face. :)
It’s not a brag It’s not something that happens often but I’m a realist
Often?
This is a pretty sneaky way of bragging about how beautiful you are.
🙄
She said it’s NOT something that happens often.
Locked Previous topicNext topic