When you disagree with someone here...

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Ledina60 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:49 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:41 am Do you start calling them sweetie, hon, dear, darling or any other condescending terms in a passive aggressive way?
I see it a lot in this group.
It’s all over the groups. (And it was at Cafe Mom too.)
Condescending. Absolutely.
I’m ignoring them.
So much more pleasant that way.
But you're guilty of doing just that.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:31 pm I suppose I do, but I don’t take anything that seriously on here. Sometimes HON really pisses someone off. It’s kind of funny. I pretend to disagree when I don’t, just see the reaction.
Hon always reminds me of older waitresses. It seems they all say hon when they're addressing you. It's kind of cute.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Halleys_mommy_1 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:27 pm I do but I always have. Everyone is sweetie, hon, dear, darling, babe etc in real life cause I can't remember names lol.

Worked in a nursing home w 60 clients to help and everyone got called sweetie or darling
Well then. There’s another good reason to avoid going to a nursing home!
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't do that here or in real life. It's kind of annoying when people in the service industry do it. I just brush it off but DH gets super annoyed. If we get a waitress who keeps calling him "hon" or "sweetie" or something like that, he's giving her a lower tip.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't typically engage in disagreements here. I just ignore them. It's futile and sucks out my bad mojo.

That said, when I see someone call someone else sweetie it is most definitely condescending. It's not intended as some regional salutation as some want to believe.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:47 am I use those all the time..I don't intend for them to be condescending though. I'm southern and call everyone sweetie, darlin' and hon.
Same, that's just how people talk in the south. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with disagreeing with them or anything.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I have, but only after someone else starts to sling mud. I rarely go there on my own, and usually once it’s reached that point I say one last thing and that’s that. Usually lol
Halleys_mommy_1
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:40 pm
Halleys_mommy_1 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:27 pm I do but I always have. Everyone is sweetie, hon, dear, darling, babe etc in real life cause I can't remember names lol.

Worked in a nursing home w 60 clients to help and everyone got called sweetie or darling
Well then. There’s another good reason to avoid going to a nursing home!
🤣🤣🤣
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I don't. But there's at least one member here who loves to use the words "sweetie," "hon," and "dear."

I don't know that she uses the word to demean other members. But to me, it comes across as demeaning.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:41 am Do you start calling them sweetie, hon, dear, darling or any other condescending terms in a passive aggressive way?
I see it a lot in this group.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

Nope. But catch me on a good day, I might refer to someone as a bovine.
Locked Previous topicNext topic