The Impossible Whopper

Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:44 am The meat substitute comes from fermented and highly processed soy which is not all that good for you. Beyond meat, or meat substitutes are getting much attention in the news lately.

Some common ingredients in meat patty substitutes include refined coconut oil, methylcellulose, maltodextrin, sodium (and lots of it), processed vegetable glycerin, modified food starch, complex polysaccharide, annatto extract and a few others.

I personally prefer the real thing, but not that I eat many burgers at all actually.
Yikes. Reading that does not make me want one.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:07 am You couldn't pay me to eat it. If you don't eat meat why would you eat something that tastes like meat?
How ignorant. You do realize not everyone can eat meat right?
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:36 am But did it taste like the whopper? Was the texture extremely different than the meat patty version?
Maggie wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:51 am I tried it yesterday. If you’re eating it because you’re a vegetarian it’s a great option because it is probably one of the better tasting veggie burgers. It had that glammed broiled flavor. But... I wouldn’t get it for the healthy option because it’s not much better than the normal whopper.
Texture wise I could tell it was a veggie burger, taste it was very similar to the whopper.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

lunarprancer wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:38 pm Has anyone tried it?

09602C2E-FF3D-4097-91A1-B09E942DB62A.png
Which whopper is meat, top or bottom?
I thought the impossible burger would have a weird taste or texture. It actually tasted like a regular whopper and the texture was just like a beef patty.
However, full disclosure....Ive never had a veggie burger before either.
Attachments
20190817_211443.jpg
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Aren't they?! I can't tell you how many people I have turned on to them! People who swore they'd never eat let alone LIKE one of them actually LOVE them! I don't even need to put anything on them. They taste good just the way they are. Highly recommend them. :)

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:36 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:11 am Oh...now, I don't know. The more you guys talk, the less appealing this is sounding to me. I may have to bail on trying it. :(

I love the Morning Star Spicy Black Bean Burgers. I may have to stick with them.
Those are really very good!
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:18 pm Aren't they?! I can't tell you how many people I have turned on to them! People who swore they'd never eat let alone LIKE one of them actually LOVE them! I don't even need to put anything on them. They taste good just the way they are. Highly recommend them. :)

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:11 am Oh...now, I don't know. The more you guys talk, the less appealing this is sounding to me. I may have to bail on trying it. :(

I love the Morning Star Spicy Black Bean Burgers. I may have to stick with them.
I like their original garden veggie patties. I used to be vegetarian and I ate quite a few of their products. I still get the veggie patties pretty often.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

They’re really bad for you.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:18 pm Aren't they?! I can't tell you how many people I have turned on to them! People who swore they'd never eat let alone LIKE one of them actually LOVE them! I don't even need to put anything on them. They taste good just the way they are. Highly recommend them. :)

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I cut up some fresh avocado every once in a while and smear it all over the top...even better!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I do, too. And I like to put Jalapeno Tabasco Sauce on mine!
lunarprancer wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:35 pm

I like their original garden veggie patties. I used to be vegetarian and I ate quite a few of their products. I still get the veggie patties pretty often.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

That sounds good.
Valentina327 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:08 pm

I cut up some fresh avocado every once in a while and smear it all over the top...even better!
Locked Previous topicNext topic