The Impossible Whopper

Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:44 am The meat substitute comes from fermented and highly processed soy which is not all that good for you. Beyond meat, or meat substitutes are getting much attention in the news lately.

Some common ingredients in meat patty substitutes include refined coconut oil, methylcellulose, maltodextrin, sodium (and lots of it), processed vegetable glycerin, modified food starch, complex polysaccharide, annatto extract and a few others.

I personally prefer the real thing, but not that I eat many burgers at all actually.
I agree with all of this.
The ingredients are scary!
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:29 am Because you don’t want to kill animals? Seems pretty self explanatory.
bmw29 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:07 am You couldn't pay me to eat it. If you don't eat meat why would you eat something that tastes like meat?
But the substitutes suck. Especially the cheeses. I say don't try to make something what it's not, especially when you have choices like eggplant and Portobello.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Eggplant and portobello have an unpleasant texture for many (including me). Some of the faux meat products taste good and aren’t unhealthy. And others have GMO soy up the wazoo. We eat mostly Quorn products.
Pjmm wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:52 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:29 am Because you don’t want to kill animals? Seems pretty self explanatory.
bmw29 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:07 am You couldn't pay me to eat it. If you don't eat meat why would you eat something that tastes like meat?
But the substitutes suck. Especially the cheeses. I say don't try to make something what it's not, especially when you have choices like eggplant and Portobello.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Noooo.. I don't eat at Burger King.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:11 am Eggplant and portobello have an unpleasant texture for many (including me). Some of the faux meat products taste good and aren’t unhealthy. And others have GMO soy up the wazoo. We eat mostly Quorn products.
Pjmm wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:52 am

Okay. I'd just rather have meat or vegetables.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:36 am
lunarprancer wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:21 am
Meat tastes good!
That's my point. If you like the taste of meat why be a vegetarian. It's just a never ending loop of silly.
A lot of people are interested in reducing their meat consumption because of the environmental impact.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

She seems really confused about that.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:59 am

Meat tastes good!
That's my point. If you like the taste of meat why be a vegetarian. It's just a never ending loop of silly.
A lot of people are interested in reducing their meat consumption because of the environmental impact.
Bubelah
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:11 am Oh...now, I don't know. The more you guys talk, the less appealing this is sounding to me. I may have to bail on trying it. :(

I love the Morning Star Spicy Black Bean Burgers. I may have to stick with them.
Those ARE the shiznitz. Aldi has Earth Grown brand (loooots of different kinds) that are super good,too! And quite a bit cheaper. My jam right now, cuz I'm low carbing it, are the soy protein burger with cheese. 1 carb, baby!
MellyJelly

Unread post

OBXPrincess wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:16 am
MellyJelly wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:55 pm So they finally developed their own veggie burger instead of buying existing brands. I’ll have to try it
No the Impossible Burger is the brand name. They sell them at restaurants where i live. Similar to the Beyond Burger.

Burger King did NOT make this burger for themselves
Ahh ok. I know they used garden burger for years.
MellyJelly

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:59 am

Meat tastes good!
Or because they feel it’s healthier.
Locked Previous topicNext topic