The Impossible Whopper

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:44 am The meat substitute comes from fermented and highly processed soy which is not all that good for you. Beyond meat, or meat substitutes are getting much attention in the news lately.

Some common ingredients in meat patty substitutes include refined coconut oil, methylcellulose, maltodextrin, sodium (and lots of it), processed vegetable glycerin, modified food starch, complex polysaccharide, annatto extract and a few others.

I personally prefer the real thing, but not that I eat many burgers at all actually.
OH! Thank you for saying that. I avoid soy like the plague. Now I know not to try it.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 2

Unread post

As with many foods, I'm sure in moderation, they won't kill me. Eating a total of 4 of them over the summer won't do me in. Do you think? :)
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:59 pm They’re really bad for you.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:18 pm Aren't they?! I can't tell you how many people I have turned on to them! People who swore they'd never eat let alone LIKE one of them actually LOVE them! I don't even need to put anything on them. They taste good just the way they are. Highly recommend them. :)

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:36 am

Those are really very good!
Anonymous 8

Unread post

I wont eat it no way I don't like being sick.
But I tried their veggie burger once years ago and it was so nasty I threw it away. It was cooked in meat grease to dryness which is talent. It was like dry inside and nasty grease outside.
We make our own beyond meat it's so good!
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

lunarprancer wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:40 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:54 pm I have no desire to try it. Every time I see the commercial for it I can’t help wonder what additives they’ve used to make it taste exactly like a whopper. And I don’t like BK.
I love this show called Wahlburgers and I recall them looking into the impossible burger brand. If I recall correctly they are full into natural what not.
They just opened a wahlburgers not far from us.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I haven’t had BK in years. I’ve never heard of this burger. I’m not even sure what it is.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:18 pm Aren't they?! I can't tell you how many people I have turned on to them! People who swore they'd never eat let alone LIKE one of them actually LOVE them! I don't even need to put anything on them. They taste good just the way they are. Highly recommend them. :)

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:36 am

Those are really very good!
Only if you eat them constantly.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:22 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:54 pm I have no desire to try it. Every time I see the commercial for it I can’t help wonder what additives they’ve used to make it taste exactly like a whopper. And I don’t like BK.
I love this show called Wahlburgers and I recall them looking into the impossible burger brand. If I recall correctly they are full into natural what not.
Ack, I’m jealous! I was wrong though about the burger, they were investigating the Beyond Burger.

Please go to Wahlburgers and tell me how it is 🙂
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

lunarprancer wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:10 am
Vegaswife2011 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:22 pm

Ack, I’m jealous! I was wrong though about the burger, they were investigating the Beyond Burger.

Please go to Wahlburgers and tell me how it is 🙂
I will! 🙂
Anonymous 4

Unread post

False. The frequency with which one eats something has no bearing on the nutrition of said item.
lunarprancer wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:08 am

Only if you eat them constantly.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Nope. Just saying there are better choices.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:15 pm As with many foods, I'm sure in moderation, they won't kill me. Eating a total of 4 of them over the summer won't do me in. Do you think? :)

Locked Previous topicNext topic