Potty training

Deleted User 1393

Unread post

I'd just jump right in and start training him immediately. Once he knows you mean business he might surprise you and catch on very quickly. Good luck
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:11 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:06 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:59 pm

He should have been potty trained by 2 years old, you have failed as a mother.

And yes, all of mine were out of diapers by the time they were 2. Period
You fail at thinking things all the way through. For all you know her kid is special needs. Mine is and wasn't potty trained till 3.5.
No failure on my part. She didn't say the child was SN. Most mothers that have a SN child will say that in a post, like you did
Typical narcissistic response.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Our first was 4 before head completely trained. He wore underwear during the day but would poop the second we put a night time diaper on him—this was when he was 2 1/2 til 4. Finally one day I took his remaining diapers out of his drawer-I told him we have no more diapers and no more $. He then went to the bathroom, did his business and was done with diapers.

Our second was completely trained at 2 1/2
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My oldest potty trained at 5 and my youngest at 4. 3 years old is nothing.

But you won't know unless you try. Good luck.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:11 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:06 pm

You fail at thinking things all the way through. For all you know her kid is special needs. Mine is and wasn't potty trained till 3.5.
No failure on my part. She didn't say the child was SN. Most mothers that have a SN child will say that in a post, like you did

I rarely state that my child is SN, because people give you different advice and act like you are the devil for punishing them when they are SN. I post and don't mention it, then tailor advice to what I know will work.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:48 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:24 am

Bullshit. Most children are not developmentally ready until they're closer to 3. How long did take to potty before they were 2? How many weeks, months? How many accidents a day?
I know that you weren't talking to me, but I am going to answer anyway. It wasn't until the 1970's that potty training was something that started later before then most children were potty trained around 18-25 months old. My first child was born in 1979 so I am older than many on this board, I remember when it was just expected for a child around 2ish to use the restroom. In any case some children are ready to potty train earlier than what is consider acceptable now. When all 5 of mine were 2, I potty trained them. I trained each during a 3 day weekend. I picked a 3 day weekend, make plans to go no where or do anything, stocked up everything we needed, and spend the time teaching them to use the potty. Take the clothes off the child, and he/she was nude all day, had a kid's potty in the playroom (for emergencies) and sat them on the potty every 30 mins. They got a candy m&m everytime they went to the bathroom, and I did "the potty dance". It worked and night time only took a month or so longer, I got them up 3 times a night and put them in the potty. It's not unreasonable to understand that ideas about what is and is not correct parenting changes time and time again. Just because something was or is different that what we think is okay, doesn't mean it's not true.
I tried the three day thing with my oldest. Didn't work. He just didn't care. We all tried to potty train him, including the daycare provider with 15 years of potty training under her belt. Even she had to give up at one point. It didn't happen until he was 5.

I was born in '75 and my mom said I was difficult to train to. She didn't remember what age but she remembered it was late. I have memories of having multiple different accidents.
I had a co-worker who was born in the early 70s and when I was talking about my struggles with my son she admitted to me that she herself didn't train until she 5.

some kids just aren't ready at 2 or even 3.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:15 am
Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:33 am

In 29yrs of working with kids. I have had 2 children that were trained before 2yrs old. The typical age is between 2 1/2 and right before 3rd birthdays. So you are wrong that it should have happened by the time they were 2yrs old. In no way has she failed in any capacity but your judgments on almost every post are very sad.
I've worked with children almost 37 years and many were potty trained by 2 -2 1/2...almost 3 at the very latest. Im not wrong at all. You and Pink think you guys know everything and you dont. Just because something isnt done the way you would do it, doesnt mean its wrong or didnt happen.
You have no have no idea who I am on any post but I do know that you were busted trolling a week or so ago :?
And exactly how long did this potty training take? If a child is truly ready, it literally takes days, or overnight. They may have the bladder and bowel control, but they also need to be mature enough to recognize the cues soon enough to make it to the potty without an accident. If the child is having a lot of accidents, then the child isn't trained. And you're just doing more laundry.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:40 pm My confession

My son is three and I can not take another day changing gigantic smelly poop diapers anymore I am beyond done. Like I'm about to throw away all the diapers today.

Goodie for you! Way to be a bitch.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:13 am Find his currency. Something that he will do anything for, including giving up diapers. For my daughter, it was those plastic easter eggs she saw in the store. She wanted me to buy them. I told her I would but she could only have them if she started using the potty. I told her I would give her one egg for each time she peed in the potty. That night she peed 4 times. Three of them were just a few drops but hey I never said how much pee. She was excited and on-board! That was now her mission, to get as many of those brightly colored plastic Easter eggs as she could. I told her she could have 2 eggs every time she pooped in the potty. She was potty trained in a few days.

It will go a lot easier if you can get him on-board and co-operate.
Someone I knew used M&M's as potty training currency. Worked like a charm. So this is great advice.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Does he have special needs?
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:53 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:48 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:24 am
Bullshit. Most children are not developmentally ready until they're closer to 3. How long did take to potty before they were 2? How many weeks, months? How many accidents a day?
I know that you weren't talking to me, but I am going to answer anyway. It wasn't until the 1970's that potty training was something that started later before then most children were potty trained around 18-25 months old. My first child was born in 1979 so I am older than many on this board, I remember when it was just expected for a child around 2ish to use the restroom. In any case some children are ready to potty train earlier than what is consider acceptable now. When all 5 of mine were 2, I potty trained them. I trained each during a 3 day weekend. I picked a 3 day weekend, make plans to go no where or do anything, stocked up everything we needed, and spend the time teaching them to use the potty. Take the clothes off the child, and he/she was nude all day, had a kid's potty in the playroom (for emergencies) and sat them on the potty every 30 mins. They got a candy m&m everytime they went to the bathroom, and I did "the potty dance". It worked and night time only took a month or so longer, I got them up 3 times a night and put them in the potty. It's not unreasonable to understand that ideas about what is and is not correct parenting changes time and time again. Just because something was or is different that what we think is okay, doesn't mean it's not true.
I tried the three day thing with my oldest. Didn't work. He just didn't care. We all tried to potty train him, including the daycare provider with 15 years of potty training under her belt. Even she had to give up at one point. It didn't happen until he was 5.

I was born in '75 and my mom said I was difficult to train to. She didn't remember what age but she remembered it was late. I have memories of having multiple different accidents.
I had a co-worker who was born in the early 70s and when I was talking about my struggles with my son she admitted to me that she herself didn't train until she 5.

some kids just aren't ready at 2 or even 3.
Locked Previous topicNext topic