Potty training

jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:02 am The physiological average didn’t change. There’s no reason a neurotypical child should be potty training at 3+.

I didn’t shame her. She jumped in like a house on fire, all swearing and nasty. I just wanted to show her she was wrong.
jas wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:59 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:48 am Children used to be potty trained by 2ish. Only with the advent of dryer-feeling diapers and busier/lazier parents has the average age gone up.

Key words - "used to be". There is no point in shaming a mother and making her feel like shit when the average NOW isn't 18 months.

Anon 2 did and it doesn't matter what YOU think the age should be. If doctors don't think there's a delay issue, that's all that matters. It doesn't matter how things used to be - hell we used to ride down the highway in an open pick up truck. Telling op her kid is delayed and a f**k up isn't cool.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:24 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:59 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:40 pm My confession

My son is three and I can not take another day changing gigantic smelly poop diapers anymore I am beyond done. Like I'm about to throw away all the diapers today.
He should have been potty trained by 2 years old, you have failed as a mother.

And yes, all of mine were out of diapers by the time they were 2. Period
Bullshit. Most children are not developmentally ready until they're closer to 3. How long did take to potty before they were 2? How many weeks, months? How many accidents a day?
I love your posts. :D
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Are you the “what’s cool” police? I can say what I want to her, especially when she’s wrong.
Again, the physiological age hasn’t changed. There’s no reason a neurotypical child can’t still be PTed well before 3.
jas wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:08 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:02 am The physiological average didn’t change. There’s no reason a neurotypical child should be potty training at 3+.

I didn’t shame her. She jumped in like a house on fire, all swearing and nasty. I just wanted to show her she was wrong.
jas wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:59 am

Key words - "used to be". There is no point in shaming a mother and making her feel like shit when the average NOW isn't 18 months.

Anon 2 did and it doesn't matter what YOU think the age should be. If doctors don't think there's a delay issue, that's all that matters. It doesn't matter how things used to be - hell we used to ride down the highway in an open pick up truck. Telling op her kid is delayed and a f**k up isn't cool.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:33 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:40 pm My confession

My son is three and I can not take another day changing gigantic smelly poop diapers anymore I am beyond done. Like I'm about to throw away all the diapers today.

In 29yrs of working with kids. I have had 2 children that were trained before 2yrs old. The typical age is between 2 1/2 and right before 3rd birthdays. So you are wrong that it should have happened by the time they were 2yrs old. In no way has she failed in any capacity but your judgments on almost every post are very sad.
I've worked with children almost 37 years and many were potty trained by 2 -2 1/2...almost 3 at the very latest. Im not wrong at all. You and Pink think you guys know everything and you dont. Just because something isnt done the way you would do it, doesnt mean its wrong or didnt happen.
You have no have no idea who I am on any post but I do know that you were busted trolling a week or so ago :?
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Attachments
EmbarrassedPresentCentipede-size_restricted.gif
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:12 am Are you the “what’s cool” police? I can say what I want to her, especially when she’s wrong.
Again, the physiological age hasn’t changed. There’s no reason a neurotypical child can’t still be PTed well before 3.
jas wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:08 am

Sorry your morals are so skewed you think shaming is ok. And she's not necessarily wrong. A child isn't considered delayed until closer to 4 according to most pediatrics TODAY.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Linda_Runs wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:10 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:24 am

Bullshit. Most children are not developmentally ready until they're closer to 3. How long did take to potty before they were 2? How many weeks, months? How many accidents a day?
I love your posts. :D
I've been up since 5:30 and I'm caffeinated. I ain't taking shit from nobody, lol.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:15 am
Fullxbusymom wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:33 am

In 29yrs of working with kids. I have had 2 children that were trained before 2yrs old. The typical age is between 2 1/2 and right before 3rd birthdays. So you are wrong that it should have happened by the time they were 2yrs old. In no way has she failed in any capacity but your judgments on almost every post are very sad.
I've worked with children almost 37 years and many were potty trained by 2 -2 1/2...almost 3 at the very latest. Im not wrong at all. You and Pink think you guys know everything and you dont. Just because something isnt done the way you would do it, doesnt mean its wrong or didnt happen.
You have no have no idea who I am on any post but I do know that you were busted trolling a week or so ago :?
And exactly how long did this potty training take? If a child is truly ready, it literally takes days, or overnight. They may have the bladder and bowel control, but they also need to be mature enough to recognize the cues soon enough to make it to the potty without an accident. If the child is having a lot of accidents, then the child isn't trained. And you're just doing more laundry.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

All of mine, except my SN’s boy was done by 2, the other was 3. I find 2 is a much easier age, and there’s almost no power struggle.

Take a few days, ditch the diapers, and focus on the potty. They’re will be accidents, prepare yourself to clean and accept it is part of the plan. Accidents are okay, it’s how they learn.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:47 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:45 pm Yep, so glad I'm way past that stage. Has your little one shown any interest in potty training?
No he has a potty (his own special seat attached to the bigger one) hates his new cool big boy under wear but absolutely hates being in a wet diaper or poop and knows when he has to go. So I think I'm going to just jump right in.
First, don't buy into that you failed as a mother crap..
Try the jump right in method.. It might work, just remember to be patient. Good luck!
Locked Previous topicNext topic