How do I explain this to a kid?

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:47 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:36 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:56 pm

What the hell does anything I said have to do with your kids? It doesn't. .As usual, you're trying to deflect .You are the one who refers to them as half siblings and the rest of us have told you how fucked up that is and now you are saying there's no such thing as half cousins. You can't even own up to your own F***ing words. It's so obvious how full of shit you are. And it's exceptionally fucked up to troll about having a sick kid.
f**k you, bringing my kid into this. What kind of mother accuses someone of lying about a sick child when you have no reason to believe that other than your personal issues with me? I don't refer to them as halfsiblings to my kids, so how am I a hypocrite? It isn't fucked, it just how it is, that doesn't mean it's always appropriate for children. I think adult strangers can handle that my husband has halfsiblings. Go find somewhere else to troll.
She only said its fucked up to troll about an alleged sick child.
And she's right Lena, its seriously fucked up. Take your own advice and f**k OFF
She has zero reason to believe that I am trolling about my child other than she wants it to be fake because of her personal issues with me. That's fucked up. If you want me to f**k off, don't read my posts, it's your choice to come in and causes drama.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Oh. Sorry.
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:37 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:32 pm Was something deleted? I didn't read anything about a sick kid. ???

And it's exceptionally fucked up to troll about having a sick kid.
I made a separate post that my youngest is on growth hormones. She's some sick troll who wants to use that to try to get to me.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:36 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:33 pm

You think I speak to my young children the same way I speak on here? Just shows how you are just being difficult and have nothing to actually complain about.
What the hell does anything I said have to do with your kids? It doesn't. .As usual, you're trying to deflect .You are the one who refers to them as half siblings and the rest of us have told you how fucked up that is and now you are saying there's no such thing as half cousins. You can't even own up to your own F***ing words. It's so obvious how full of shit you are. And it's exceptionally fucked up to troll about having a sick kid.
f**k you, bringing my kid into this. What kind of mother accuses someone of lying about a sick child when you have no reason to believe that other than your personal issues with me? I don't refer to them as halfsiblings to my kids, so how am I a hypocrite? It isn't fucked, it just how it is, that doesn't mean it's always appropriate for children. I think adult strangers can handle that my husband has halfsiblings. Go find somewhere else to troll.
Poor Lena got her feelings hurt. My point about the half siblings flew right over your head. You really don't see how offensive and insensitive it is to refer to human beings as "half "?!? f**k you and your fake "half " family.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I didn't read all the replies, but if I was in your situation I would try a version of the truth that saves the reputation of his grandfather and gets an age appropriate truthful explanation.

I don't envy your conversation. And for the people who picked on you for your post, ignore them.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

My mom is married to my dad’s childhood best friend. Lol They know grandma and grandpa are divorced. They know grandpa knew Greg (mom’s 2nd husband) growing up. They really don’t ask anything further. It’s nothing to explain. Lol
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:35 pm Okay folks...two things:
1. If you want your kids to feel they are able to come to you with anything, then you can't throw down with "Go ask your dad." He could have asked Dad. But he chose to ask Mom. Mom needs to answer with a real, truthful, satisfying answer.

2. You have to teach your kids morals and ethics. You can't do it well without real-world examples. The lesson here is that Grandpa is still loved and worthy of love even though he did wrong. When you try to teach morals and ethics in a this-is-none-of-your-business environment, then you end up teaching a lot of black and white without ever exploring the gray.
I think this is a good response, but I also think in some circumstances, telling the child “dad might be a better person to answer those questions” would be appropriate. In this case, she could offer to talk to dad and get back to the child with an answer, or they could talk to dad together, depending on what everyone is most comfortable with.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:05 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:35 pm Okay folks...two things:
1. If you want your kids to feel they are able to come to you with anything, then you can't throw down with "Go ask your dad." He could have asked Dad. But he chose to ask Mom. Mom needs to answer with a real, truthful, satisfying answer.

2. You have to teach your kids morals and ethics. You can't do it well without real-world examples. The lesson here is that Grandpa is still loved and worthy of love even though he did wrong. When you try to teach morals and ethics in a this-is-none-of-your-business environment, then you end up teaching a lot of black and white without ever exploring the gray.
I think this is a good response, but I also think in some circumstances, telling the child “dad might be a better person to answer those questions” would be appropriate. In this case, she could offer to talk to dad and get back to the child with an answer, or they could talk to dad together, depending on what everyone is most comfortable with.
This is reasonable.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

How did they find out that step mom was even a step? Wasn't she just grandma? Is your husband's bio mother in the picture still?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:19 am How did they find out that step mom was even a step? Wasn't she just grandma? Is your husband's bio mother in the picture still?
He hasn't seen his mom since he went to live with his dad, but he still has mentioned her to the kids. She was his mom. We couldn't get around just pretending his stepmom was his bio mom, a lot of her relatives very much consider him to be a stepchild so the kids would notice that, plus he just didn't feel right pretending his mom never existed.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Tell your kid it is none of his business because that is the truth
Locked Previous topicNext topic