How do I explain this to a kid?

Anonymous 6

Unread post

Did your husband's half relatives kids ever come to stay with you or are you too busy creating stories about your kid needing hormone shots and moving out of state to come up with a story about the fake half relatives?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:18 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:08 pm I don't think you need to go into details about cheating or even bring it up. Just say grandad had a baby with X and a baby with Y.
He's old enough now that he realizes that is not typical and asks more questions.
If he asks just tell him this is what grandad did and the why is his private business. Some things don't need to be explained.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

When a kid is old enough to articulate a direct question, he's old enough for a direct and truthful answer.

Tell him what you know. Tell him you think it was a crappy thing his grandfather did and how it hurt a lot of people. But, the world keeps turning, people move forward, and even though the circumstances are not ideal, there's a lot of love and forgiveness in the family and that his dad is grateful to have his siblings.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:28 pm You just tell him when he is older you will explain it to him.
Yep.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Okay folks...two things:
1. If you want your kids to feel they are able to come to you with anything, then you can't throw down with "Go ask your dad." He could have asked Dad. But he chose to ask Mom. Mom needs to answer with a real, truthful, satisfying answer.

2. You have to teach your kids morals and ethics. You can't do it well without real-world examples. The lesson here is that Grandpa is still loved and worthy of love even though he did wrong. When you try to teach morals and ethics in a this-is-none-of-your-business environment, then you end up teaching a lot of black and white without ever exploring the gray.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:56 pm Did your husband's half relatives kids ever come to stay with you or are you too busy creating stories about your kid needing hormone shots and moving out of state to come up with a story about the fake half relatives?
There is no such thing as halfcousins. My husband's cousins three girl are staying with us. I am not coming up with stories about anyone, especially them, as they are wonderful kids.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Disagree. Since the question pertains to dad, he would be the best person to answer this question. And if not dad, it should be Grandpa that answers.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:35 pm Okay folks...two things:
1. If you want your kids to feel they are able to come to you with anything, then you can't throw down with "Go ask your dad." He could have asked Dad. But he chose to ask Mom. Mom needs to answer with a real, truthful, satisfying answer.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I don't know why your kid needs to know the details. I know you like to pretend your kids are so much more mature and intelligent than others but there are some things that are not appropriate for kids to know. I find it ironic that you're so concerned about lying to your son about things that are none of his business in the first place when you make up shit on here on a daily basis. Just pretend you're trolling and you'll be fine.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:43 pm Disagree. Since the question pertains to dad, he would be the best person to answer this question. And if not dad, it should be Grandpa that answers.
Okay. But I don't ever want to see you on here saying "My kids can come to me with anything. I will always be here for them and will help them with anything."
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

2. You have to teach your kids morals and ethics. You can't do it well without real-world examples. The lesson here is that Grandpa is still loved and worthy of love even though he did wrong. When you try to teach morals and ethics in a this-is-none-of-your-business environment, then you end up teaching a lot of black and white without ever exploring the gray.
1. I didn't say "go ask your dad" , I said "these are a lot of good questions, but they are questions about dad, so let's wait until he is here and we can all talk about it together."
2. I didn't say "none of your business" , I am asking the best way to discuss it in an age appropriate way.
Locked Previous topicNext topic