How do I explain this to a kid?

Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:18 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:08 pm I don't think you need to go into details about cheating or even bring it up. Just say grandad had a baby with X and a baby with Y.
He's old enough now that he realizes that is not typical and asks more questions.
Tell him if he has more questions to ask his dad or grandad.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Did granddad not divorce his first wife and marry your husband's mom? He's old enough to explain what granddad did.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:07 pm Did granddad not divorce his first wife and marry your husband's mom? He's old enough to explain what granddad did.
No. He cheated on his wife and they stayed together. He is still married to her.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:39 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:08 pm I don't think you need to go into details about cheating or even bring it up. Just say grandad had a baby with X and a baby with Y.
He's old enough now that he realizes that is not typical and asks more questions.
I am not having him ask my fil and I don't want my husband dealing with it on his own. It's really difficult for him to talk about it in general.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Not that I believe this any more than all your other troll posts, I'll still play. The man who created this situation should explain it. If not him, then your husband needs to be a parent and explain it whenever he is actually there that is, since he seems to not be around much.
Danesmommy1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

1be84edce4e4398f0e558c2bc2f041e1_kindlephoto-8543768.jpg
She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I am going to answer just like this is a real situation, and I don't think it is.

I would just tell my child "sometimes things don't turn out like we think they should, and if you have any questions we should talk to dad"

Dad can suck it up and answer in way the child can understand
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:07 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:39 pm

I am not having him ask my fil and I don't want my husband dealing with it on his own. It's really difficult for him to talk about it in general.
Well, when your husband is ready to talk about he can answer his questions.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:00 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:07 pm Did granddad not divorce his first wife and marry your husband's mom? He's old enough to explain what granddad did.
No. He cheated on his wife and they stayed together. He is still married to her.
Tell the kid to ask granddad to explain it. Since he's the adulterer.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I like this response.
water<wine wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:31 pm just say the grandparents found new partners and he had a baby with his, no need to get into the details with a 9 year old. there is nothing wrong with limiting how much specifically they need to know. its not lying, its condensing it for an age appropriate level.

if he keeps persisitng on details, tell him to ask his dad or grandad, after all, its their story to tell or just tell him he will understand more when he's older.
Locked Previous topicNext topic