Were you ‘absolutely gutted’ because you didn’t get to see your placenta?

SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I personally don't see in what way it is disconnect if someone doesn't want to look at their bodily waste without a good reason. I understand the physiology of pregnancy. I know what my placenta did for my baby while he was developing. I'm grateful that it served its function well, and left my body without issue. I'm just intensely uninterested in looking at it. I don't see what I could possibly gain from such an expedition. One might want to look at it out of curiosity, I suppose, there's nothing wrong with that, but I happened to have no such curiosity. I do happen to be connected enough to my body to be aware of the fact that I have one hell of a gag reflex and a rather weak stomach. It never took a lot to make me throw up.
ReadingRainbow wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:16 pm Just different opinions then I guess...

I see it kind of the same way people who love meat can prepare a meal with a steak, but if they see the whole animal during processing they get grossed out...

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:08 pm OK. Well, all I'm saying is that a few "Ews" before your statement in no way suggests that these women want to be disconnected from their bodies. But I'm not going to argue with you. I just think your statement was odd.
ReadingRainbow wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:13 pm Hmm... I saw people saying they would pay not to see it, that they did see it and were disgusted, that if they had been shown it they would have thrown up on people’s shoes...

I’m not saying anyone is strange at all for not wanting to eat it or make art out of it... that’s pretty normal.

But to be so disgusted with your own body that you can’t look at it is in my opinion, a strange disconnection.

mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think I’d been gutted if I had seen my placenta. That’s just icky to me.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Don’t backpedal. Saying someone is disconnected absolutely has a negative connotation. You were intentionally trying to insult. Unless you’re too stupid to understand that?
ReadingRainbow wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:21 pm My words weren’t rude at all.

Disconnect is not

I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:10 pm Your words were equally rude. Bless your simple heart.
ReadingRainbow wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:03 pm Lol thanks random anon... I’ll take your rude words into consideration.

Have a blessed day ;)

ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m sorry if you took offense.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:55 pm Don’t backpedal. Saying someone is disconnected absolutely has a negative connotation. You were intentionally trying to insult. Unless you’re too stupid to understand that?

Disconnect is not

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:10 pm Your words were equally rude. Bless your simple heart.

Anonymous 7

Unread post

Not at all. It didn't even cross my mind.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:09 pm It’s weird how disconnected from their own bodies women want to be these days...

My only interest was seeing my baby. I'm sorry my priorities offend you.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

So you’re too stupid. Got it.
ReadingRainbow wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:52 am I’m sorry if you took offense.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:55 pm Don’t backpedal. Saying someone is disconnected absolutely has a negative connotation. You were intentionally trying to insult. Unless you’re too stupid to understand that?

Disconnect is not

ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

What is it that you’re looking for out of this conversation?

Did you want an apology for your perceived insult,

Did you want to understand my point of view,

Or does it just make you feel better to call me stupid in every reply?
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:59 am So you’re too stupid. Got it.

Anonymous 8

Unread post

At least she's not a dumbass name calling p**sy face bitch. :)
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:11 pm
At least she's not a dumbass name calling p**sy face bitch. :)
I think she just took offense by my opinion that there was a disconnect at play, so she won’t feel ok until she feels like she’s offended me as much as I offended her.

I’ve apologized for offending her, but if she won’t leave it be after that, there’s just nothing that will satisfy her.

Her anger might be amplified by something that none of us know about...
Locked Previous topicNext topic