Were you ‘absolutely gutted’ because you didn’t get to see your placenta?

Tigress22304
Countess
Countess

Unread post

I saw it-wasn't all that impressed tbh

{Kat}
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

It was hard. But having a new baby and a toddler kept me so busy taking care of them , and being entertained by them that I didn’t have time to worry . When he got home he told me that he almost was shot down over Vietnam by a Russian MIG but he navigated away and saved himself and his pilot . Got the DFC. I’m glad he waited to tell me after he got home!
It was stressful.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:01 pm That definitely counts! I'll bet they were some interesting times. :) That had to be hard to have your baby with your DH being thousands of miles away, too.
Ledina60 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:36 pm :)
I was an Air Force wife --21 years--when DH was sent to SE Asia for a year, I had my second baby , at a wonderful hospital in my home town, thank goodness! My Mom took me to the hospital. :)
Unusual times then.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:08 pm And thanks for your service!

Anonymous 6

Unread post

Oh JFC, tons of people are grossed out from any type of blood and guts. Stop trying to sound so enlightened. It just makes people laugh at you.
ReadingRainbow wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:13 pm Hmm... I saw people saying they would pay not to see it, that they did see it and were disgusted, that if they had been shown it they would have thrown up on people’s shoes...

I’m not saying anyone is strange at all for not wanting to eat it or make art out of it... that’s pretty normal.

But to be so disgusted with your own body that you can’t look at it is in my opinion, a strange disconnection.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:03 pm I didn't see anyone say that they needed it to be hidden from them. I only read responses that said it wasn't something that they needed to see. But OK. Carry on.
ReadingRainbow wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:49 pm The feeling of being disgusted to the point of keeping your own body hidden from you is the very essence of being disconnected.

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Wow! That must have been one hell of an experience for him! Definitely something that he, you, and the kids can be proud of! Well deserved award! And again...for your part...keeping down the fort at home and lending your hubby to our country, thank you to you both!
Ledina60 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:46 pm It was hard. But having a new baby and a toddler kept me so busy taking care of them , and being entertained by them that I didn’t have time to worry . When he got home he told me that he almost was shot down over Vietnam by a Russian MIG but he navigated away and saved himself and his pilot . Got the DFC. I’m glad he waited to tell me after he got home!
It was stressful.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:01 pm That definitely counts! I'll bet they were some interesting times. :) That had to be hard to have your baby with your DH being thousands of miles away, too.
Ledina60 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:36 pm :)
I was an Air Force wife --21 years--when DH was sent to SE Asia for a year, I had my second baby , at a wonderful hospital in my home town, thank goodness! My Mom took me to the hospital. :)
Unusual times then.
Deleted User 1344

Unread post

Thank you ! It means so much to be appreciated.💕
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:53 pm Wow! That must have been one hell of an experience for him! Definitely something that he, you, and the kids can be proud of! Well deserved award! And again...for your part...keeping down the fort at home and lending your hubby to our country, thank you to you both!
Ledina60 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:46 pm It was hard. But having a new baby and a toddler kept me so busy taking care of them , and being entertained by them that I didn’t have time to worry . When he got home he told me that he almost was shot down over Vietnam by a Russian MIG but he navigated away and saved himself and his pilot . Got the DFC. I’m glad he waited to tell me after he got home!
It was stressful.

ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lol thanks random anon... I’ll take your rude words into consideration.

Have a blessed day ;)
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:50 pm Oh JFC, tons of people are grossed out from any type of blood and guts. Stop trying to sound so enlightened. It just makes people laugh at you.
ReadingRainbow wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:13 pm Hmm... I saw people saying they would pay not to see it, that they did see it and were disgusted, that if they had been shown it they would have thrown up on people’s shoes...

I’m not saying anyone is strange at all for not wanting to eat it or make art out of it... that’s pretty normal.

But to be so disgusted with your own body that you can’t look at it is in my opinion, a strange disconnection.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:03 pm I didn't see anyone say that they needed it to be hidden from them. I only read responses that said it wasn't something that they needed to see. But OK. Carry on.

Anonymous 4

Unread post

OK. Well, all I'm saying is that a few "Ews" before your statement in no way suggests that these women want to be disconnected from their bodies. But I'm not going to argue with you. I just think your statement was odd.

ReadingRainbow wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:49 pm The feeling of being disgusted to the point of keeping your own body hidden from you is the very essence of being disconnected.

Anonymous 6

Unread post

Your words were equally rude. Bless your simple heart.
ReadingRainbow wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:03 pm Lol thanks random anon... I’ll take your rude words into consideration.

Have a blessed day ;)
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:50 pm Oh JFC, tons of people are grossed out from any type of blood and guts. Stop trying to sound so enlightened. It just makes people laugh at you.

ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Just different opinions then I guess...

I see it kind of the same way people who love meat can prepare a meal with a steak, but if they see the whole animal during processing they get grossed out...

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:08 pm OK. Well, all I'm saying is that a few "Ews" before your statement in no way suggests that these women want to be disconnected from their bodies. But I'm not going to argue with you. I just think your statement was odd.

ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My words weren’t rude at all.

Disconnect is not an insult...

I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:10 pm Your words were equally rude. Bless your simple heart.
ReadingRainbow wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:03 pm Lol thanks random anon... I’ll take your rude words into consideration.

Have a blessed day ;)

Locked Previous topicNext topic