At what ages does it become inappropriate for a big sister to see her little brother in the buff?

CafemomAnon
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Nudity isn't a big deal to me. My children are all pretty modest though. My youngest is 9 and doesn't let anyone see him naked without a good reason. I don't think I'd ever just make a rule though. It seems unnecessary.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Sometimes it's not about modesty - it's about privacy and appropriateness.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Whenever one of them feels uncomfortable. They are siblings, she's seen him naked before, it isn't a big deal.
TheMomster
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Weird when my ds was 9 he would have died if anyone saw him naked. Honestly I cannot remember the last time I saw him without his clothes.
megamom82
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Me and my little brother have a similar age difference to OP's kids and growing up, I saw him naked all the time. In my opinion, it's completely fine, and if anything, it's educational for your daughter.
Canadiana
Countess
Countess

Unread post

katethegreat wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:48 am He just isn't super modest yet. DD is almost 16 and DS is 9. Is it okay that she sees him naked sometimes?
This is the only correct answer. God, bitches are uptight.
megamom82
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Canadiana wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:59 pm
katethegreat wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:48 am He just isn't super modest yet. DD is almost 16 and DS is 9. Is it okay that she sees him naked sometimes?
This is the only correct answer. God, bitches are uptight.
Who were you trying to quote? You just quoted OP.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

As soon as either of them are uncomfortable with it.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

TheMomster wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:42 pm Weird when my ds was 9 he would have died if anyone saw him naked. Honestly I cannot remember the last time I saw him without his clothes.
And my 9 year old has absolutely no modesty at all. He walks out of the shower completely naked to go get his clothes. In fact this just happened about 2 minutes ago. Every kid is different and if he doesn't care I don't see the issue.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Moonskytiger
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Gorilla_Mama wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:14 am My ds is 4 and would be a nudist if I’d let him. He has 2 older sisters who are fine with clothes. My rule is at least underwear. No one needs to see his penis waving in the wind, and I don’t want naked butts rubbed all over my couch.

This my boys are 6 and 7 the rule is underwear is a must, if people are coming over at least shorts. I mean we have serious conversations about what's appropriate and that other people are not to touch you there and things like that but we don't really make a big deal out of getting changed or showering.
Locked Previous topicNext topic