I want to just clarify a few things about living in today’s world.....

Deleted User 244

Unread post

1. If my son tells me at 5 that he wants to be a girl I have to immediately have him start living as a girl 24/7. But if he tells me he wants to be a frog, puppy, or bird I should ignore it.

2. If my spouse cheats on me I should immediately tell my children that their dad’s a whore and they should never speak to him again.

3. I live in the 40s if I think that many relationships need 2 people to totally destroy them.

Do I have this right?
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't know how I feel about transgender children.

But, I definitely don't agree with sharing adult problems with children. I thought that was common sense. And yeah, I do think one person can destroy a relationship all by themselves but I also think people like to paint themselves the martyr and ignore red flags. Regardless of whether you're "at fault" for a divorce, you should still probably do a self-inventory. It's just what most healthy, well adjusted, rational people would do.
kajira
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

Well... I treat my kids as them and we don't have transgender children so I can't answer. If I had a gay child, or a child who decided they wanted to be... whatever, I'd accept them. But none of my kids have wanted to be the opposite gender. I have 1 who's a total tomboy, but she's ALL girl while doing it.

I can't even imagine....

As to relationships, I've been told I set women's movement's back and it's my fault shit's going to hell because i'm "old fashioned"........ I believe in a 2 parent household, were a woman and a man support each other. we have different strengths and weaknesses............ what the f**k is wrong about me being okay with that in our life? I don't expect ANYONE else to live by how I do. but i've had my lifestyle bashed a lot because i'm okay with my choices.... irony at it's finest.
Deleted User 244

Unread post

mrsmacgiver wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:26 pm I don't know how I feel about transgender children.

But, I definitely don't agree with sharing adult problems with children. I thought that was common sense. And yeah, I do think one person can destroy a relationship all by themselves but I also think people like to paint themselves the martyr and ignore red flags. Regardless of whether you're "at fault" for a divorce, you should still probably do a self-inventory. It's just what most healthy, well adjusted, rational people would do.
Oh no, let’s not bring rational thinking into this. After all, it’s Mom confessions.
Deleted User 244

Unread post

kajira wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:31 pm Well... I treat my kids as them and we don't have transgender children so I can't answer. If I had a gay child, or a child who decided they wanted to be... whatever, I'd accept them. But none of my kids have wanted to be the opposite gender. I have 1 who's a total tomboy, but she's ALL girl while doing it.

I can't even imagine....

As to relationships, I've been told I set women's movement's back and it's my fault shit's going to hell because i'm "old fashioned"........ I believe in a 2 parent household, were a woman and a man support each other. we have different strengths and weaknesses............ what the f**k is wrong about me being okay with that in our life? I don't expect ANYONE else to live by how I do. but i've had my lifestyle bashed a lot because i'm okay with my choices.... irony at it's finest.
😂 I get it.
Bakingmomma
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

MC08 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:42 pm
mrsmacgiver wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:26 pm I don't know how I feel about transgender children.

Oh no, let’s not bring rational thinking into this. After all, it’s Mom confessions.
Right!? 😂
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I was told I should have stayed with my ex when I found he was still using cocaine after I put him through rehab. He had one chance after I found out the first time and he blew it.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Shaken1976 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:03 pm I was told I should have stayed with my ex when I found he was still using cocaine after I put him through rehab. He had one chance after I found out the first time and he blew it.
I didn't even put my ex husband though rehab. I guess because I saw so many other problems. Eight years later, nothing has changed. I'm glad I left. We would be homeless right now if I had stayed.
Deleted User 244

Unread post

Shaken1976 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:03 pm I was told I should have stayed with my ex when I found he was still using cocaine after I put him through rehab. He had one chance after I found out the first time and he blew it.
Perhaps I lack empathy here because my ex-stepfather was a cocaine addict, but I kind of blame my mom. She knew exactly what she was getting into and dragged her two children (at the time) into it.

Having said that, I’m much closer to my ex-stepfather than my mom. He got clean many years ago.
Deleted User 244

Unread post

mrsmacgiver wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:06 pm
I didn't even put my ex husband though rehab. I guess because I saw so many other problems. Eight years later, nothing has changed. I'm glad I left. We would be homeless right now if I had stayed.
Sorry you went through that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic