Donations Help Bail Out Oregon Mom Charged With Manslaughter After 1-Year-Old Dies in Hot Car

famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yipes-Stripes wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:47 pm I will never understand how people can do this. If you are that distracted you probably shouldn't be driving, let alone having children. That being said, I think whatever legal consequences she faces will be secondary to the personal hell she'll be in every day for the rest of her life.
I agree.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What a POS
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:34 am Lapse in routine, she's a pediatric nurse...I can see it happening very innocently. I doubt this was done purposefully.

Sending her to prison changes what? She's suffering enough.

You can say that about any murderer
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I want to muster sympathy and state that the loss of her child is "punishment enough," but I just can't. She not only went to work, she also stopped for coffee.

I wouldn't donate a dime to her.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Saying the whole "Its punishment enough" only works if you know for a fact they loved and adored their kid and we don't even know these people. For all we know, she resented her kid.

Just because you cannot imagine killing your child-you have to realize not everyone feels that way. Plenty of people resent or hate or act abusive towards their kids.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

mama_danetta wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:16 pm I wouldn't donate one red cent to her.
Me either. Too many parents are getting away with murdering their children by pulling the "I forgot" BS. And that's all it is - a load of BS. My DH and I raised three kids, sometimes working two jobs each, trading off picking up kids, sometimes splitting who picked up who. NOT ONE TIME did we ever "forget" our kids were in this car or that one. Not once. It's your job as a parent to take care of your children and if you have your self-absorbed head planted so far up your keister that you "forget" your child is in the car then you deserve to serve time for murder. If a non-parent caregiver did the same thing, they would be prosecuted and face jail time - the actual parents should be held to a HARSHER standard, not a lesser one.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't believe any parents who say they accidentally left their child in the car.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She could be the female version of Justin Ross Harris, the Atlanta man who killed his 22 month old son by "forgetting" him in a hot car.

So she remembers to get coffee, but doesn't remember her kid?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:07 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:45 am
RedBottoms wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:27 am

well again-magically that has NEVER happened on my watch. So............... And knowing how the two of them are together-its a good guess neither was paying a lick of attention. So yes, DH knows I blame that on him and at this point my son blames him too because as he has grown up he notices how she distracts him and he put two and two together and realized how he got injured too. Thus one of the reasons my son does not like my MIL. Nothing like that happened to them on my mother's watch for damn sure.
Unless you having a hand on your child at all times every time they swing, that is pure luck that it wasn't under your watch. Yes, if you are going to helicopter up your kids butt all the time, they might never get hurt, but that's just a part of growing up, sometimes you fall down and get hurt. That is completely ridiculous that you son holds blame on your husband and dislikes his grandmother because he fell and cut his knee when he was three and I dont believe that you had no influence behind his feelings.
oh sweetie-you thought that was MIL's only crime? How cute. MIL has done way more than just that to him for him to dislike her.

I mean the very reason she was visiting was to interact with her grandchildren that day. But like normal she was not paying them any attention and just glomming on to DH. So yeah-kids pick up on that shit.
I am just going off of the information you have given. And by the way, being condescending just makes you look immature, it doesn't make you look smart. The kid was three, he doesn't remember what she was doing that day. That is all your influence.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:30 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:22 am
kajira wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:34 am

That's my point. I'm paranoid enough that I do a head count and always keep track of my kids to 100% make sure something like this never happens, and routinely remind my husband via text if he has the kids to do the same.
It's not about pretending it can't happen, it's about making sure it *doesn't* happen.
If your in a situation where you have a break of routine, you are on autopilot and your brain forgets you have any children with you, you aren't going to be doing headcounts.
It happened to my ex when we were married. He forgot to drop ds off at his mother's but soon realized his mistake. He simply took ds to work with him. How he realized I'm not sure. This was at a time these incidents weren't common So I can see momentarily forgetting about a one year old but not for any length of time. I think people are becoming too distracted by smartphones or whatever and simply not thinking anymore.
I don't think it is becoming more common, I think it is just more widely reported.
Locked Previous topicNext topic