I love my DH's response to this guy

Anonymous 1

Unread post

So I went with DH to his work today cause he forgot something in his office and we were in the area. He stopped by to talk to some friends in security while we were there.

One of his co-workers (he works in a different department but DH still sees him at times) was there. I have met this guy and I don't like him. He is very vocal about his dislike for gays, anyone not white, transgender people, etc. I am not sure why the company keeps him on but he doesn't work with the public so maybe that is why, idk.

So they were talking about how they all had to watch a video about diversity in the workplace and how the company made them watch it again because they just hired someone who is transgender.

The guy asked my DH if they had an issue with people not liking transgender people in his department.

Without missing a beat my DH replied "No, we got rid of the racists and bigots a few years ago."

The guy was just silent and left lol.

This is one of the many reasons why I love him.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'm sure that if he had said the wrong thing at work, the company would have addressed it.

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:38 pm So I went with DH to his work today cause he forgot something in his office and we were in the area. He stopped by to talk to some friends in security while we were there.

One of his co-workers (he works in a different department but DH still sees him at times) was there. I have met this guy and I don't like him. He is very vocal about his dislike for gays, anyone not white, transgender people, etc. I am not sure why the company keeps him on but he doesn't work with the public so maybe that is why, idk.

So they were talking about how they all had to watch a video about diversity in the workplace and how the company made them watch it again because they just hired someone who is transgender.

The guy asked my DH if they had an issue with people not liking transgender people in his department.

Without missing a beat my DH replied "No, we got rid of the racists and bigots a few years ago."

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:43 pm I'm sure that if he had said the wrong thing at work, the company would have addressed it.

Yeah I don't really know cause DH hasn't directly worked with this guy, he just sees him sometimes. He's one of those "I'm going to tell you my views even though you didn't ask" type people. First time I met him after introductions he started spouting off about that law where trans people can use whatever restroom they want. We just walked away. It wasn't worth even talking to him.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:38 pm So I went with DH to his work today cause he forgot something in his office and we were in the area. He stopped by to talk to some friends in security while we were there.

Masonmansmommy
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

I’m a little disturbed that the company felt the need to announce the hire as transgender anyway. Not sure that’s appropriate, but glad your dh put that ass in his place!
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Cool!
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

This just reminds me that my DH has to take a useless how to stop smoking class every year. He’s never smoked a day in his life.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Masonmansmommy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:49 pm I’m a little disturbed that the company felt the need to announce the hire as transgender anyway. Not sure that’s appropriate, but glad your dh put that ass in his place!

True. I guess unless they announced it people wouldn't have known. But it could be something like maybe they are transitioning and the company wants extra sensitivity to them? Idk.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:51 pm This just reminds me that my DH has to take a useless how to stop smoking class every year. He’s never smoked a day in his life.

I constantly have to do training at my job for things I'm not even allowed to do. Makes no sense lol.
hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

okie dokie
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I still dont understand why the alphabet people need the rest of us to know their gender or sexual preferences.
Locked Previous topicNext topic