BM said that DS and SS can not sleep in the same bed or room

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have a 12 year old SS and a 12 year old DS. They were born one month apart. They have been close for years

They each have their own rooms and their own beds but during the summer they have mostly been sleeping in the play room which has a couch with a pull out bed. They usually stay up late playing games and then go to sleep.

DH and I have never had a problem with it. They could always go to their own rooms if they wanted. My daughters used to do the same thing when they were younger

BM found out about the sleepovers and is trying to ban it from happen. She said two unrelated boys should not share a bed. She has never really considered them siblings even though everyone else does including the boys.

DH usually tries to be on the same page as BM but in this case he isnt behind her. He doesnt see the big deal or why she is even mad about it. It is innocent fun and two boys, brothers, who are sharing a bed. Nothing crazy and nothing wrong about it.

Is it really a big deal? I would love to hear others opinions. Not sure if it matters or not but DH and I got married 7 years ago and the boys have pretty much grown up together. Would you have an issue with this? Is there something I am missing?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:01 pm I have a 12 year old SS and a 12 year old DS. They were born one month apart. They have been close for years

They each have their own rooms and their own beds but during the summer they have mostly been sleeping in the play room which has a couch with a pull out bed. They usually stay up late playing games and then go to sleep.

DH and I have never had a problem with it. They could always go to their own rooms if they wanted. My daughters used to do the same thing when they were younger

BM found out about the sleepovers and is trying to ban it from happen. She said two unrelated boys should not share a boy. She has never really considered them siblings even though everyone else does including the boys.

DH usually tries to be on the same page as BM but in this case he isnt behind her. He doesnt see the big deal or why she is even mad about it. It is innocent fun and two boys, brothers, who are sharing a bed. Nothing crazy and nothing wrong about it.

Is it really a big deal? I would love to hear others opinions. Not sure if it matters or not but DH and I got married 7 years ago and the boys have pretty much grown up together. Would you have an issue with this? Is there something I am missing?
As usual, the bitchy BM is NOT Happy
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Since my 12 year old has sleepovers with friends who are unrelated, and they have stayed up late and fallen asleep on the couch, I don’t see any issue with that.

If they aren’t getting enough sleep due to staying up late playing games every night, I could see that being a problem.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

okay......
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Well I agree that two boys shouldn't be sharing a boy lol.
hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

ok
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:11 pm Well I agree that two boys shouldn't be sharing a boy lol.
Right? Seems like common sense haha
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I can understand not being happy about my child staying up until they pass out on a couch every night instead of sleeping in their proper bed.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wouldn't be happy about it but not much I can do about a lazy stepmom that wants to sleep in.
I shit glitter
Anonymous 5

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:26 am I wouldn't be happy about it but not much I can do about a lazy stepmom that wants to sleep in.
What are you talking about.
Locked Previous topicNext topic