Wwyd

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Say your 13 yr old son didnt answer your check in calls for an hr , went to the beach 1/2 a mile away where he was told not to go due to algae issues in the water. Im grounding to house for a month, no phone, no xbox. Is this reasonable? DH says no. I say yes due to stress, worry and breaking several rules.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Idk about grounding xbox for a month but that isn't a great consequence for my son. What he would be getting is a come to Jesus meeting and lots of chores such as scrubbing grout. It would be the fact he ignored the call that I'd go bugged eyed over. Did he swim in the water?
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Did he get in the water or just go to the beach?
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think the answer lies in the middle. Punishment but not so severe?
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:15 pm Idk about grounding xbox for a month but that isn't a great consequence for my son. What he would be getting is a come to Jesus meeting and lots of chores such as scrubbing grout. It would be the fact he ignored the call that I'd go bugged eyed over. Did he swim in the water?
Yes he swam. Its the ignoring calls that really irks me the most too. It sent me into such a worry as he never has done that.
Sassyfrass01
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

A month might be a bit much , unless this is a continious problem then maybe 2 weeks is more like it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I don't think it sounds reasonable. The rule in my house has always been if you ignore the people who pay the phone bill, you don't need the phone. I would take the phone away. I would ground him for going somewhere he was told not to go, but not a month. I think it's overkill. Two weeks no phone, which he won't need because he would be home for two weeks anyway.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:17 pm Did he get in the water or just go to the beach?
He swam. In his clothes no less. Ugg its awful and smelly.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Grounding to the house for a month just means he's up your butt for a month. And no visits with friends and no phone could have a severe impact on friendships, as well. It's important to nurture friendships with good kids when you want to keep your kids out of bad trouble.

I would make him write two or three hundred times "I will not disobey my mother and put myself at risk for catching the algae anymore." Next time, it's a thousand.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Grounding to the house for a month just means he's up your butt for a month. And no visits with friends and no phone could have a severe impact on friendships, as well. It's important to nurture friendships with good kids when you want to keep your kids out of bad trouble.

I would make him write two or three hundred times "I will not disobey my mother and put myself at risk for catching the algae anymore." Next time, it's a thousand.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Locked Previous topicNext topic