Wwyd

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:19 pm
Pjmm wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:15 pm Idk about grounding xbox for a month but that isn't a great consequence for my son. What he would be getting is a come to Jesus meeting and lots of chores such as scrubbing grout. It would be the fact he ignored the call that I'd go bugged eyed over. Did he swim in the water?
Yes he swam. Its the ignoring calls that really irks me the most too. It sent me into such a worry as he never has done that.
A nice visit to the doctor (providing your insurance covers it) to check him for breathing problems might teach him a lesson.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Completely fair. Act like a small child, get treated like one. If you prove you can't be trusted to make good choices, your choices get taken away.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

He would lose the phone. The next phone he would get would be the one he buys as an adult.
No gaming systems for 2 weeks and no friends around during the 2 weeks.
He would also be cleaning my house from top to bottom , dishes everyday, pulling weeds from all of my flower and vegetable gardens, washing the cars and mowing the grass for.the rest of the summer
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Is this normal behavior for him? Is this the first time?

It's too much of everything. He's 13. lighten up.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Since it was him ignoring your call that irked you, I'd take the cell phone from him for 2 weeks.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:19 pm
Pjmm wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:15 pm Idk about grounding xbox for a month but that isn't a great consequence for my son. What he would be getting is a come to Jesus meeting and lots of chores such as scrubbing grout. It would be the fact he ignored the call that I'd go bugged eyed over. Did he swim in the water?
Yes he swam. Its the ignoring calls that really irks me the most too. It sent me into such a worry as he never has done that.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My rule is as long as I pay for the phone you WILL answer my calls or you won’t have a phone.

That being said, I’d take the phone and Xbox away for 2 weeks. A month seems a bit extreme.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

What is he going to do sitting in the house for a month in the middle of summer? Doesn't anyone sign their kids up for camp or sports or academics in the summer anymore? A 13 year old with no schedule. Of course he's going to go the beach and ignore your texts for a whole hour.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't know what I would do about the beach thing because my kids have never done anything like that.

The phone thing, at this point I do not punish for not answering the phone. It's an old phone that he has and T-Mobile is very spotty with reception all around this town. It's horrible I know because it used to my phone and plan. So it would be awful of me to punish him because T-Mobile can't get their act together around here.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

How often are these "check ins"?
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:08 pm What is he going to do sitting in the house for a month in the middle of summer? Doesn't anyone sign their kids up for camp or sports or academics in the summer anymore? A 13 year old with no schedule. Of course he's going to go the beach and ignore your texts for a whole hour.
This thinking is what's wrong with people today. Cell phones didn't exist when I was a kid but I wasn't scheduled for jack shit and I still knew I better check in with my parents at the time we agreed upon. I didn't say well I'm bored let me disobey you because I knew my ass would be toast.
Locked Previous topicNext topic