2 questions not related to each other. Dh and I can’t agree. I don’t want to make 2 posts.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Question 1: We’re going camping for a week next month. We’ve been camping plenty of times but we always rent a cabin at the campground. This year we’re tent camping. My 8 yr old is fighting hard to either share a tent with her 7 yr old sister or get her own tent. Dh and I planned on making the 7 and 8 yr olds share with us. I’m not quite sure if I want them in their on tent. Dh thinks it’s fine. What do you think?

Question 2: I live in Ny and the high school kids take regents exams at the end of the year. (I have no clue how other states do it) my 15 yr old passed all regents. I got an email a few days ago from the algebra teacher saying that my kid passed the math regents with an 85% but he has the ability to get mastery level, which I guess is 95% or better, so the teacher wants him to retake it at 8 am August 13. Which is in the middle of our camping week. The campground we go to is 45 minutes away. He would have to be at the school for 3 hours. I think it’s fine to let him skip it because he did pass, he doesn’t want to retake it because he’ll miss a huge chunk of the day. Dh thinks he should retake it since he didn’t do as well as he could. What say you?

Dh and I usually agree on everything but these two things we’re stuck on. I’m just wondering what everyone else would do?
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No to 7 and 8 year olds being in a tent by themselves at night.

If he doesn't want to retake a test he passed, I wouldn't make him.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

What's the fun if the kids don't have their own tent??? At the first sign of literally anything, they'll probably come squeeze into your's anyway.

And at 15, the kid should probably choose for himself if he wants to try for the higher test grade. Unless the 85 brought his final grade down by more than 5 or 6 points, I don't think it's worth the bother at all. And I think your son can take that Regents in December as well. I had mono at the end of 11th grade and missed 4 Regents. So I took 2 in August and the other two the following December. I doubt that's changed.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Get a tent with two separate areas. Or if you put two tents next to each other you'll be able to hear the kids. And the second I'd leave up to ds unless scholarship money is riding on the scores.
Donnie
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

1- I want to agree with your dh, but I’m hesitant because I don’t know anything about this particular campground. Scratch that - I assume the tents are going to be close enough to hear the kids, so I agree with your dh.

2- Definitely retake the test.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

my 7 and 8 year old would share a tent with me, I would not make the kid retake the test
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:09 pm No to 7 and 8 year olds being in a tent by themselves at night.

If he doesn't want to retake a test he passed, I wouldn't make him.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I would put the tents really close together so I could hear the kids and let them have their own tent. I'm no particular fan of camping under any circumstances, but at that age, I imagine that having their own tent is like half the fun of the whole thing.

The 15-year-old, I'd let him decide for himself what does he get out of retaking the test vs. what does he lose by not retaking it. The only reason I might strongly insist that he retake it is if his grade would meaningfully drop, or if he had scholarship money riding on his grade. If this isn't that sort of case, then I say he's old enough to choose for himself.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

1. Unless your kids are stupid there is no reason they cant have their own tent.

2. Let the 15 year old decide if he wants to retake it. If not then NBD
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Do you already have the tents? If not I would look at getting a 2 room tent or one with a divider. Then they could feel like they have their own.

As for the second. I would ask the 15 year old.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Locked Previous topicNext topic