Struggling to keep a straight face

Anonymous 5

Unread post

But OP said that her niece and nephew WILL be calling new SIL "Aunt." So, if they don't think of her as an aunt, it is even more odd that they'd elect to call her "aunt". To me, this is very odd.

QuantumNursing wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:06 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:48 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:29 pm

While I would have issues with them laughing about it I wouldnt make anyone call someone Aunt,Uncle or whatever....
But it's their aunt and uncle so why wouldn't you? I don't understand but sure. Carry on.
They dont recognize that woman has their Aunt. This
Is the woman that broke up their Aunt and Uncle and destroyed a family. Unvle too. As hard as people try you cant force filial relationships.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That seems so strange and disrespectful to me
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:31 pm But OP said that her niece and nephew WILL be calling new SIL "Aunt." So, if they don't think of her as an aunt, it is even more odd that they'd elect to call her "aunt". To me, this is very odd.

QuantumNursing wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:06 pm

But it's their aunt and uncle so why wouldn't you? I don't understand but sure. Carry on.
They dont recognize that woman has their Aunt. This
Is the woman that broke up their Aunt and Uncle and destroyed a family. Unvle too. As hard as people try you cant force filial relationships.
They would be using it as an insult though.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Gorilla_Mama wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:41 pm That seems so strange and disrespectful to me
Laughing behind her back would be disrespectful. Nothing else is
hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Sounds interesting :)
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:20 pm

Idc if only me and God knows it. My opinion still stands. It's one thing to not like someone. But you need to address them properly. It's like your, what was it, the sil who wanted to be called an aunt? That's a normal request but they're all laughing about it. It just wouldn't sit well with me.
While I would have issues with them laughing about it I wouldnt make anyone call someone Aunt,Uncle or whatever....
I think it's more of a comfortable thing than a disrespect thing. You're more casual and less formal with those you're close to. I don't think this is meant in a mean way.

Everyone has little inside jokes with those they're closer with. My nieces call their other 2 aunts aunt first name. Me they call AA or bunny. I've been very involved with them since they were 20 minutes old. The other aunts they see maybe twice a year.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Interesting....

Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ok.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:41 pm

I think it's more of a comfortable thing than a disrespect thing. You're more casual and less formal with those you're close to. I don't think this is meant in a mean way.

Everyone has little inside jokes with those they're closer with. My nieces call their other 2 aunts aunt first name. Me they call AA or bunny. I've been very involved with them since they were 20 minutes old. The other aunts they see maybe twice a year.
I suppose so. It just seems odd to me they laugh about it, especially with the sil wanting to be called aunt. Apparently there's history and no one likes her. I grew up calling most of my parents friends aunt someone, not just relatives. It was meant to be respectful but not as formal as Mrs. So and so.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Argh the op deleted didn’t she?
Locked Previous topicNext topic