Struggling to keep a straight face

CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We have our family reunion coming up. I am the youngest by a lot. I am closer in age to my nephew and niece than my siblings. I fit in better with them and their group.

They never called me aunt unless they were made at me. We all call each other nicknames. It has passed down to the younger kids.

So if they like you they will use a nickname for you. If they are so so, you get called by your first name. If they dislike you, you get aunt to uncle first name. It's understood by all the younger ones what it means.

The adults were talking about it and trying to figure out who gets called what. I struggled to keep a straight face. I will never tell them.

By brother's new wife requested to be called aunt. The kids all smiled. She was getting that no matter what. His ex got called a nickname. He is also an 'uncle' title. His wife thinks she will be one up on the ex sil. She doesn't know she lost.

It's fun to see who gets what and the changes the kids make.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

CherryTreez wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:43 pm We have our family reunion coming up. I am the youngest by a lot. I am closer in age to my nephew and niece than my siblings. I fit in better with them and their group.

They never called me aunt unless they were made at me. We all call each other nicknames. It has passed down to the younger kids.

So if they like you they will use a nickname for you. If they are so so, you get called by your first name. If they dislike you, you get aunt to uncle first name. It's understood by all the younger ones what it means.

The adults were talking about it and trying to figure out who gets called what. I struggled to keep a straight face. I will never tell them.

By brother's new wife requested to be called aunt. The kids all smiled. She was getting that no matter what. His ex got called a nickname. He is also an 'uncle' title. His wife thinks she will be one up on the ex sil. She doesn't know she lost.

It's fun to see who gets what and the changes the kids make.
Yay you??
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This ppst sounds so.childish
Anonymous 2

Unread post

harmless family secrets.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Your family always has so much drama.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This sounds like the weirdest thing I ever heard. I would not be happy if my kids started ranking folks. Call them all the same thing, respectfully, or else. Now if you don't like someone else that's fine but you're not going to be stupid about it.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:53 pm This sounds like the weirdest thing I ever heard. I would not be happy if my kids started ranking folks. Call them all the same thing, respectfully, or else. Now if you don't like someone else that's fine but you're not going to be stupid about it.
None of the other people know about it. It's the kids and me. It doesn't hurt anyone.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lol
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

CherryTreez wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:16 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:53 pm This sounds like the weirdest thing I ever heard. I would not be happy if my kids started ranking folks. Call them all the same thing, respectfully, or else. Now if you don't like someone else that's fine but you're not going to be stupid about it.
None of the other people know about it. It's the kids and me.
Idc if only me and God knows it. My opinion still stands. It's one thing to not like someone. But you need to address them properly. It's like your, what was it, the sil who wanted to be called an aunt? That's a normal request but they're all laughing about it. It just wouldn't sit well with me.
Nvl0707
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

You seem really excited about this.
Locked Previous topicNext topic