Mental Health requirement

Anonymous 2

Unread post

I would be in favor of allowing the student to choose between the mental health class and an immersion in reading comprehension/science/math. I wouldn't want my child to be stuck in one class when he could use the help in another.

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:23 pm I would prefer it be immersed in the typical reading comprehension, science and math curriculum.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Absolutely.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

100% supportive of the class
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think it's a great idea. We have a huge mental health crisis in this country and people need to be more educated about mental illness to remove the stigma.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

It’s a great idea.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:33 pm I think it's a great idea. We have a huge mental health crisis in this country and people need to be more educated about mental illness to remove the stigma.
I agree with this. If people learn about it young, then maybe it will help.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think it would be a great idea. It would not have to be a year long course but a section of course. For example have it added to PE or such for one week. It is a very important aspect of our well being and one that has been sadly ignored for way too long.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I've read about it. And I would. I honestly wish I'd had this in high school and college. I had panic attacks. I had anxiety. And I had no F***ing idea what was wrong with me. It took me years to realize what they were.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes. The new age of online bullying is high and real. Some don't know how to deal with it.
i want candy!
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Absolutely I would allow it! Mental health is HUGE and at the same time so taboo. To open up an entire generations eyes to the program would be amazing!

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:48 pm Would you allow your sixth grader to take a mental health class as part of the school curriculum?
When schools are constantly forced to cut back, when schools are failing our children academically at every age do you think spending money for a mental health class is justified?
Locked Previous topicNext topic