Mental Health requirement

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Would you allow your sixth grader to take a mental health class as part of the school curriculum?
When schools are constantly forced to cut back, when schools are failing our children academically at every age do you think spending money for a mental health class is justified?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What would they be teaching? We learned a lot about mental health in my health classes in school.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

You do realize that there is a rise of kids being diagnosed with anxiety beginning as early as elementary school, right? Learning how to deal with stress in a healthy manner is a good thing. I'm assuming that is the goal for that mental health class. As a mom with a kid who is gifted and suffers from anxiety (the two often go hand in hand, I learned) a mental health class would have been beneficial for her in middle school because that is when the anxiety got worse for her.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Yes. People need to learn about mental health so they know when they or someone they care about is suffering.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Yes, 100%, absolutely.

Education about mental health is profoundly important. It’s an evidence-based way to improve outcomes for children as well. It is inexpensive, effective, and extremely important.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Are you able to copy and paste the course description here?
Deleted User 638

Unread post

I'd support it 100%.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

No. That would be a waste of time
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would prefer it be immersed in the typical reading comprehension, science and math curriculum.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Theres a mental health curriculum? Off to Google with me!
Locked Previous topicNext topic