Getting married on their wedding anniversary?!?!!

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DEAR ABBY: My husband and I will celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary on the seventh of next month. My brother was divorced after five years of marriage and is now getting remarried by a justice of the peace. His "bride" is also divorced, and this will be a second marriage for both of them. They initially planned to be married on the third of the month but changed the date to the seventh saying they couldn't find another date that worked.

Last time I checked, there were 31 days in the month. Our parents don't understand why I'm upset that my brother plans to marry on my wedding anniversary date. I feel this is my special day, one that I have earned after 22 years of marriage. My brother and his fiancee could easily pick another date. Am I being petty, or is my brother unreasonable? -- THAT'S MY DAY IN MICHIGAN

—————-
Would it bother you?
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No. She's being ridiculous.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I agree with the advice and no it wouldn't bother me it's a day that I can guarantee another couple in the world has gotten married on.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

She sounds like a psycho bitch
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That’s dumb. Who cares when they marry?
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

She’s crazy.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

My mother remarked that my brother picked his parents anniversary to marry. She thought it odd. But it's not like she cared and neither would l.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I saw this earlier. I don’t really see the big deal. If someone decided to get married on my anniversary, I wouldn’t really think anything of it. I mean, the day is only important to my husband and me, and this doesn’t change that. Who cares.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My wedding anniversary is only important to me and my husband. It's not like we invite other people along when we go somewhere for our anniversary date. LOL
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Dear Abby's advice is spot on. This lady doesn't own the day and a bit ridiculous.
Locked Previous topicNext topic