How much do you deal with

Anonymous 1

Unread post

"crappy parents" of your kids' friends? Alcoholics parents, parents that work a lot (but don't communicate much if at all), whatever the reason that makes them kinda crappy.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Only one now. She's just flaky. I like her but damn. . She just has a hard time communicating, especially about time. She won't confirm, she'll show up late, she won't answer a text. And she's a divorced mom. I usually shrug and tell yds you know her, they'll get here when they get here. I've seen worse though. Mostly parents that don't discipline.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I don't understand exactly what you are asking. Like how much do I hang out with them? How often do I talk to them? How much do I deal with before not letting their kids hang out with mine?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

How often do you have to deal with parents like that and sure, do you have a limit? I don't like feeling taken advantage of, but if my kids really like this kid and the kid is nice/respectful to me and my kids, I will go pick them up if they need a ride, drive them home, etc. And for me, no, I don't actually hang out with the friends' parents...with the "crappy" ones, I barely get a response so it would be a shock if they wanted to hang out! lol!
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:55 am I don't understand exactly what you are asking. Like how much do I hang out with them? How often do I talk to them? How much do I deal with before not letting their kids hang out with mine?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I had a parent like that but she would suggest a plan and we would have a day and time set and then she would cancel last minute quite often. I got tired of that. Plus her DD just wasn't "that great". I mean, I gave her a few chances, but the girl was just kinda a brat and plus her mom was annoying, so those 2 things finally equaled for me to just be done meaning no more trying with her and no more being available when she tried with us.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:53 am Only one now. She's just flaky. I like her but damn. . She just has a hard time communicating, especially about time. She won't confirm, she'll show up late, she won't answer a text. And she's a divorced mom. I usually shrug and tell yds you know her, they'll get here when they get here. I've seen worse though. Mostly parents that don't discipline.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I have never gotten that involved with the other parents to really know their issues.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I have not either, but if they aren't responding or ask for favors last minute, etc, cancel last minute (and one time the girl told my DD that her mom was an alcoholic so that's how I know that).
MrsDavidB wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:28 am I have never gotten that involved with the other parents to really know their issues.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

To be honest, there are parents of my kids' friends where some are better than the others, but I don't deal with the really crappy parents or those with seriously noticeable alcohol or drug problems. Not that my life is perfect, and believe me it is far from it, but I guess what you are asking is just not prevalent in our circle.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

My DD's friend has a mom that is an alcoholic. She is with her grandma a lot. The grandma has 2 jobs. The grandma told me this at my DD's friend's bday party and the girl's mom was not even at the party. I feel bad for the girl. She is alone a lot at home and her dad is not in her life and she will cry at school sometimes my DD says. I can relate to what she is going through and it makes me want to help her although I can't always pick her up/drop her off all the time.
Linda_Runs wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:30 am To be honest, there are parents of my kids' friends where some are better than the others, but I don't deal with the really crappy parents or those with seriously noticeable alcohol or drug problems. Not that my life is perfect, and believe me it is far from it, but I guess what you are asking is just not prevalent in our circle.
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

None, DD has a friend that allows more free range style but I don’t consider it bad parenting just different. Besides her all the parents I know are pretty much the same.
Locked Previous topicNext topic