Am I wrong?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:53 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:38 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:32 am

But it makes no sense, because she'll drive her children's friends around and do things with/for them. It's illogical.
If she had some kind of an issue with being responsible for children other than her own, she wouldn't take any kids. She sounds quite embittered and childish, which is why I asked the question that I did.
She doesn't know this kid and doesn't want to take responsibility for it. Simple as that. I don't give random rides to children that I don't know or their parents.

What is so childish about saying NO
"No one's gonna make me do something I don't wanna do". I just picture a bratty little 4 year old stamping her foot with her hand on her hip when adults have that kind of response. That's a very childish response.

She can do whatever she DOESN'T want to do. I truly don't care. I was simply having a conversation with wicked as to why I ask about situations like this, where it makes no sense to dig your heels in on something simple.

It's utterly illogical for her to shuttle strangers children around, taking responsibility for them, but this child who is a step sibling of her own child she refuses to "take responsibility" for. She seems extremely bitter, which is why I asked the question about this being the woman who stole her husband.
According to your logic, no one can say No for any reason, unless it makes logical sense? Not doing things that you do not feel comfortable doing or just plain don't want to do, is childish? I don't drive strangers children around, I drive the my son's friends around. This step sibling is a stranger to me & will remain that way. I am not bitter, I like everyone else, make choices.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

You see this kid as your ex's wife's son. Your son sees him as his brother.

You should be very careful to treat your son's brother kindly.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
honeyrder
Countess
Countess

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:53 am I don't see it as a big deal unless you're not on good terms with your ex.
Would you let a stranger watch your kid?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:45 pm You see this kid as your ex's wife's son. Your son sees him as his brother.

I don't treat him any way. I've never met him, and will never meet him.
honeyrder
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:45 pm You see this kid as your ex's wife's son. Your son sees him as his brother.

How do you come to this conclusion? Do you know the kid?
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

honeyrder wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:49 pm
RealisticBeauty wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:53 am I don't see it as a big deal unless you're not on good terms with your ex.
the kid isn't a stranger
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

honeyrder wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:51 pm

Page one "They had my son call and ask. "

OP does not actually know if "they" asked him to call or if the boy chose to call. Either way, this shows that her son spends time at Dad's house and therefore interacts with the other child who is, in fact, his brother.

OP keeps saying she doesn't know this kid and never will. Well, this boy may very well be giving the best man toast at her son's wedding. He will be her grandchildren's uncle and may someday make somebody their aunt. A little kindness now can benefit a lot more people than just this kid.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:42 pm
honeyrder wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:49 pm
the kid isn't a stranger
He is a stranger to me & I am a stranger to him.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:44 pm
honeyrder wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:51 pm

Page one "They had my son call and ask. "

OP does not actually know if "they" asked him to call or if the boy chose to call. Either way, this shows that her son spends time at Dad's house and therefore interacts with the other child who is, in fact, his brother.

OP keeps saying she doesn't know this kid and never will. Well, this boy may very well be giving the best man toast at her son's wedding. He will be her grandchildren's uncle and may someday make somebody their aunt. A little kindness now can benefit a lot more people than just this kid.
I don't understand this expectation that people should do things that they are not comfortable with and do not want to do for what? Even if all of those things happen, it has NOTHING to do with me. I don't see everyone that is related to my children by blood, much less marriage. I am uncomfortable with having this child in my home and in my car and in my care, that isn't going to change. I'm allowed to have those feelings and I am allowed to say no.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It sounds like the boys are good friends and wanted to go together. Nothing wrong with that. There is nothing wrong with you saying no either but I would expect that your son is going to want him at birthday parties and other fun things that friends do together as well. So you should prepare for that and allow him to invite his buddy along.
Locked Previous topicNext topic