Am I wrong?

WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:59 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:42 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:17 am

To oversimplify, Helping people is good and not helping people is bad; it is a common moral value that many people share. The whole concept is the foundation for majority of human behaviors, treat thy neighbor as you want to be treated. She should not be made to do anything, but most of us, face the emotional consequence when breaking social moral values, it’s a GOOD thing to feel that, guilt, “awfulness” whatever.

The family has not requested other favors. They are not asking her to sacrifice anything like money or extra time or gas. Setting boundaries is necessary for many things, but they are driving to practice anyway...what exactly must she protect herself and family from?

I drive kids, that are not mine, to and from practice, and it is not difficult or taxing at all. It is what is best for the team; it helps other parents who may be struggling with other work or life responsibilities. It feels good to help. Maybe that is why I find her attitude so off putting, idk.
I do and will help other people. I am not comfortable with this particular child being at my home or in my care for any amount of time. I would not sign my child up for something that I had to depend on someone else to drive all the time. Occasional favors for some people are ok, but being the main transportation for me, isnt going to happen.
Is this the woman he left you for? If it is, I don't think anyone could blame you for this unreasonable stance. If she is the one who stole your husband, it takes colossal balls on her part to ask you for anything, ever.
What does it matter if she doesn't want to do it then she doesn't have too.
I shit glitter
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:10 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:42 am

I do and will help other people. I am not comfortable with this particular child being at my home or in my care for any amount of time. I would not sign my child up for something that I had to depend on someone else to drive all the time. Occasional favors for some people are ok, but being the main transportation for me, isnt going to happen.
Is this the woman he left you for? If it is, I don't think anyone could blame you for this unreasonable stance. If she is the one who stole your husband, it takes colossal balls on her part to ask you for anything, ever.
I wonder why people are so pig headed and dig their heels in over such innocuous things. I wonder why some people have such issues with extending a simple kindness to another human. There has to be a reason, right? It's my own curiosity.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:14 am

I wonder why people are so pig headed and dig their heels in over such innocuous things. I wonder why some people have such issues with extending a simple kindness to another human. There has to be a reason, right? It's my own curiosity.
It’s not innocuous. It’s three days a week for the next few months. More responsibility for another child than I’m willing to do for anyone. It’s not simple to me. It’s abdicating responsibility to me & I’m not allowing it
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Some don't want to be responsible for someone elses child. Maybe step mom can focus her efforts on finding someone else.
I shit glitter
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:27 am

Some don't want to be responsible for someone elses child. Maybe step mom can focus her efforts on finding someone else.
But it makes no sense, because she'll drive her children's friends around and do things with/for them. It's illogical.
If she had some kind of an issue with being responsible for children other than her own, she wouldn't take any kids. She sounds quite embittered and childish, which is why I asked the question that I did.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:32 am

But it makes no sense, because she'll drive her children's friends around and do things with/for them. It's illogical.
If she had some kind of an issue with being responsible for children other than her own, she wouldn't take any kids. She sounds quite embittered and childish, which is why I asked the question that I did.
Childish for saying no? No one is entitled to my help. Saying no is not childish.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The parents can figure it out but its stupid to get mad because another parent won't transport their child.
I shit glitter
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She doesn't know this kid and doesn't want to take responsibility for it. Simple as that. I don't give random rides to children that I don't know or their parents.

What is so childish about saying NO
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:38 pm
She doesn't know this kid and doesn't want to take responsibility for it. Simple as that. I don't give random rides to children that I don't know or their parents.

"No one's gonna make me do something I don't wanna do". I just picture a bratty little 4 year old stamping her foot with her hand on her hip when adults have that kind of response. That's a very childish response.

She can do whatever she DOESN'T want to do. I truly don't care. I was simply having a conversation with wicked as to why I ask about situations like this, where it makes no sense to dig your heels in on something simple.

It's utterly illogical for her to shuttle strangers children around, taking responsibility for them, but this child who is a step sibling of her own child she refuses to "take responsibility" for. She seems extremely bitter, which is why I asked the question about this being the woman who stole her husband.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:53 pm
QuantumNursing wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:38 pm

"No one's gonna make me do something I don't wanna do". I just picture a bratty little 4 year old stamping her foot with her hand on her hip when adults have that kind of response. That's a very childish response.

She can do whatever she DOESN'T want to do. I truly don't care. I was simply having a conversation with wicked as to why I ask about situations like this, where it makes no sense to dig your heels in on something simple.

It's utterly illogical for her to shuttle strangers children around, taking responsibility for them, but this child who is a step sibling of her own child she refuses to "take responsibility" for. She seems extremely bitter, which is why I asked the question about this being the woman who stole her husband.
But she isn't shuttling around strange children. If she did that would be the step child of her ex. She is shuttling around people she knows and has a relationship. People who she is active in their lives
Locked Previous topicNext topic