let's cheer each other on

stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

what is your biggest hurdle this week? what haven't you done that you're hoping to do?
nothing is too silly or too simple. if a member here (usually an anon.) makes fun of you for it, ignore them. I see a lot of you struggling and maybe a cheering section will help.

(i'll answer in replies)
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

my goal, which I've successfully put off for over a year due to last year's shoulder surgery, is to finish stripping and then painting a flock of metal chairs I bought at an estate sale over a year ago. they are in the backyard, waiting, and I'm thinking I need to get them stripped so I can paint them and we can use them this summer.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No hurdles. I rarely have any since I'm a SAHM. I have a very easy life. I wish everyone's was as easy as mine is. I hate to see so many people struggling and having so many problems.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have got to get my yard mowed! I’m about to start on it after my coffee. I’m trying to beat the heat, but I don’t think it’s going to work. Wish me luck!
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Then why did you comment on this post? The post was for cheering people on...you don't need cheered on.
mcginnisc wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:00 am No hurdles. I rarely have any since I'm a SAHM. I have a very easy life. I wish everyone's was as easy as mine is. I hate to see so many people struggling and having so many problems.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

stilltfez wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:52 am my goal, which I've successfully put off for over a year due to last year's shoulder surgery, is to finish stripping and then painting a flock of metal chairs I bought at an estate sale over a year ago. they are in the backyard, waiting, and I'm thinking I need to get them stripped so I can paint them and we can use them this summer.
What color are you going to paint them?
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 2

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:00 am No hurdles. I rarely have any since I'm a SAHM. I have a very easy life. I wish everyone's was as easy as mine is. I hate to see so many people struggling and having so many problems.
This want come across well😔
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I am sorry. I was not trying to offend anyone. She asked what hurdles we have and I responded. I also said I hate seeing people struggle. It makes me sad that some people have horrible struggles in their lives and I wish I could fix it for them.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:15 am Then why did you comment on this post? The post was for cheering people on...you don't need cheered on.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So far this year has been very difficult for my family. I'm hoping things are starting to turn around.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

It just comes off "braggy" and "on your high horse" saying I have no problems in my life. In the future, I would suggest to not respond to things like that. Or leave the part out that you have no problems at all and just cheer the person on or comfort them or whatever.
mcginnisc wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:36 am I am sorry. I was not trying to offend anyone. She asked what hurdles we have and I responded. I also said I hate seeing people struggle. It makes me sad that some people have horrible struggles in their lives and I wish I could fix it for them.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:15 am Then why did you comment on this post? The post was for cheering people on...you don't need cheered on.
Locked Previous topicNext topic