Since budgeting is a hot topic LOL

Anonymous 4

Unread post

I’d rather have debt at 0% interest and my cash earning me money.
Smarties wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:05 pm I'm curious why someone wouldn't?
Anonymous 5

Unread post

This.
Smarties wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:02 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:19 pm
Depends on what timeframe you are talking about, I guess. We use our credit card close to daily, but only pay it off monthly. So we have a balance on our credit card most of the time even though we have the money to pay it.

Or if someone has a 0% interest loan and wanted to keep the money available for emergencies, I guess.

Hmmm I wouldn't consider a bill I paid in full monthly being in debt, whether thats my credit card bill or my electric bill. But a loan I would. But overall I think people are just splitting hairs at this point.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:21 pm I’d rather have debt at 0% interest and my cash earning me money.

That's a valid viewpoint but I don't think that answers the question. Maybe a tangent.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes, it’s still debt.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Depends on what timeframe you are talking about, I guess. We use our credit card close to daily, but only pay it off monthly. So we have a balance on our credit card most of the time even though we have the money to pay it.

Or if someone has a 0% interest loan and wanted to keep the money available for emergencies, I guess.

Hmmm I wouldn't consider a bill I paid in full monthly being in debt, whether thats my credit card bill or my electric bill. But a loan I would. But overall I think people are just splitting hairs at this point.
I agree. We use our cards all the time, but pay them in full once or twice a month. I don’t consider that having debt, but I guess some would.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:29 pm

I agree. We use our cards all the time, but pay them in full once or twice a month. I don’t consider that having debt, but I guess some would.

I personally don't think it matters much what you call it, lol. Just as long as you get it paid that month.
Shadowgirl123
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

I do and I don’t in the same breath.

I have the cash available for a large purchase, but they’re offering 18 months 0 interest. So I put it on credit (a debt.) and make payments on it each month and keep the cash in an interest bearing account and pay it off at month 17. I prefer to have the cash on hand but I never pay interest (except for the mortgage on the rental house but I deduct that as part of the business expense.) even better that I earn $$ on the debt during those 17 months.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It is debt because you owe it. But - There's good and bad debt.

I'm a believer in using other people's money. If you're financing something at 5% but your cash is in an investment paying you 10% that's good debt.

If you have 5,000 worth of furniture you bought and have it at zero percent interest for 5 years but you have that money in the bank, you're in debt but it's good debt. You're using someone else's money for free and keeping your liquidity.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Absolutely, you owe someone else, that is a debt.
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:31 pm
bluebunnybabe wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:29 pm

I personally don't think it matters much what you call it, lol. Just as long as you get it paid that month.
Lol true. We actually tend to pay them before the statement comes out so that they report zero on our credit reports. I’m going with not debt. 😂
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Locked Previous topicNext topic