Since budgeting is a hot topic LOL

Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:02 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:19 pm
Smarties wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:05 pm I'm curious why someone wouldn't?
Depends on what timeframe you are talking about, I guess. We use our credit card close to daily, but only pay it off monthly. So we have a balance on our credit card most of the time even though we have the money to pay it.

Or if someone has a 0% interest loan and wanted to keep the money available for emergencies, I guess.

Hmmm I wouldn't consider a bill I paid in full monthly being in debt, whether thats my credit card bill or my electric bill. But a loan I would. But overall I think people are just splitting hairs at this point.
Agreed. And it’s a bit bizarre how invested (pun intended) everyone is in how other people manage their money. Do what works for you, who cares? You can track every penny or have a vague plan, so long as you aren’t so irresponsible that someone else is going to end up footing your bill, I couldn’t care less.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:14 pm Me? I have no desire to pay off my debt early. I prefer having my money sit in the bank where it can grow.
Oliviasmom72 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:24 pm Yes. Pay it off
I hope it's growing faster than your credit cards interest rate. If not you're better to pay it off. I do agree about having some cash on hand but all in all my goal is to rid myself of my debt in the next few years.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Thanks, but yeah, my debt is interest free. It's down now to under 5,000 but that's still extra money in the bank every month earning us interest. We only pay 25 a month on one and 100 on another. There is a third one but I'm paying off the balance in full this month since it was just from a 12 month interest free promo on a credit card last year. We do use other credit cards almost exclusively for purchases, but we pay those off in full monthly, so I think of that more as a bill than a debt. I hate the idea of paying for money.
Pjmm wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:32 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:14 pm Me? I have no desire to pay off my debt early. I prefer having my money sit in the bank where it can grow.
Oliviasmom72 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:24 pm Yes. Pay it off
I hope it's growing faster than your credit cards interest rate. If not you're better to pay it off. I do agree about having some cash on hand but all in all my goal is to rid myself of my debt in the next few years.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If you owe it then of course it counts as a debt! Where did you get the idea it's not debt if you have that amount in the bank? There is no discussion necessary.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Honestly I ahould have worded it differently but it isn't a big deal so I didn't try to correct it. The arguments I've had actually were about whether or not someone is "in debt" if they can cover all of it. I see both sides so I play devil's advocate. I don't consider myself to be in debt though. I'm just using interest free financing to my advantage.
EarlGrayHot wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:09 am If you owe it then of course it counts as a debt! Where did you get the idea it's not debt if you have that amount in the bank? There is no discussion necessary.
Locked Previous topicNext topic