The judge ordered 50/50 custody for a 3 week old baby

Anonymous 2

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:57 pm
Rebeccaraev2 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:37 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:03 am

Yea, f**k biology, science, psychology, and sociology research, because your anecdotal experiences outweighs all of that...
I have a degree in the sciences and so does my husband. There's studies for both sides. Shut it down.
So wow me with you systemic reviews and research on the topic, I would be fascinated to see reputable studies. As I have found not seen compelling ones on both sides.

Honestly, I have not seen any historical sociological of fatherhood which are highly powered systemic analyses to even remotely suggest fathers “do a better job” in the infancy time frame.

To clarify, do I think fathers can provide above adequate care during in infancy, absolutely. But infants & toddlers are most at risk for adverse development with changing routines or inconsistent caregivers. And this is exactly what this situation is: inconsistency. I know I am a broken record, but divorce creates life long chronic disease risk. They are literally putting the child at risk for health issues!!! What father or mother of the year does that?

I’m not sure which one decided to cheat, but honestly, that if one or both parent(s) could prioritize the child for a measly second, put aside their anger, ego, &, asshattery, they would coparent in the same house in a non- romantic fashion for the well-being of their child.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 17 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:04 am Give it some time. He'll likely decide he isn't interested in 50/50 when he doesn't sleep since babies this young day every couple of hours or has to pay a ton of money on daycare for an infant when he's at work. Yeah, yeah men are such amazing fathers and get picked on all the time by ball busting women. Not. Some guys are great single fathers but from what I've seen, read and heard about, they are few and far between. Most still seem to not want to deal with babies and young kids when they can push the job off on someone else. I have a feeling we'll be reading about how the CO changed or he only wants the baby for short visits.
Damn, did you have a shitty dad, or did you have kids with a shitty dad? You’ve got an I HATE MEN vibe going on.
Locked Previous topicNext topic