The judge ordered 50/50 custody for a 3 week old baby

Anonymous 1

Unread post Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:05 pm

My daughter went to court with her ex. They had the court date set up when she was pregnant to be after the baby would be born. She was shocked when the judge ordered 50/50 custody every other week. So she gets DD for a week and he gets her for a week.

She is pretty heart broken. She has friends who have been in similar positions and none of them had 50/50 for a baby so young. Usually it was that dads have the kid on weekends or even split during the day.

DD was breastfeeding and now that likely wont be possible because her ex doesnt want to deal with breast milk. She will have to go a week at a time without seeing her baby which would be so hard. I am not saying that I dont think dad doesnt deserve time with the baby. It is a sucky situation all the way around.

No one wants to see a baby that young bounce around except the judge I guess.

6 months ago they were happily married and excited for the baby and now it is a huge mess. I am sad for mom, dad, and baby
cellomom26
Regent
Regent
Posts: 3024
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 12:23 am

Unread post Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:07 pm

That is very sad.

I am sorry. ☹️
Anonymous 2

Unread post Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:09 pm

I don't believe this for one second
User avatar
MrsDavidB
Regent
Regent
Posts: 4787
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 4:24 pm

Unread post Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:09 pm

That would be heartbreaking to me. Why did they split?
Anonymous 1

Unread post Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:10 pm

MrsDavidB wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:09 pm
That would be heartbreaking to me. Why did they split?
There was cheating involved
Anonymous 3

Unread post Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:10 pm

I'm so sorry your daughter and grandbaby have to experience that. The judge is an idiot. Judges who divide children like they are property shouldn't be on the bench.
Anonymous 4

Unread post Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:18 pm

Where do you live?

It's possible to supplement with formula and breastmilk.
PinkMartini
Villein
Villein
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:22 am
Location: Massachusetts

Unread post Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:27 pm

Anonymous 1 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:05 pm
My daughter went to court with her ex. They had the court date set up when she was pregnant to be after the baby would be born. She was shocked when the judge ordered 50/50 custody every other week. So she gets DD for a week and he gets her for a week.

She is pretty heart broken. She has friends who have been in similar positions and none of them had 50/50 for a baby so young. Usually it was that dads have the kid on weekends or even split during the day.

DD was breastfeeding and now that likely wont be possible because her ex doesnt want to deal with breast milk. She will have to go a week at a time without seeing her baby which would be so hard. I am not saying that I dont think dad doesnt deserve time with the baby. It is a sucky situation all the way around.

No one wants to see a baby that young bounce around except the judge I guess.

6 months ago they were happily married and excited for the baby and now it is a huge mess. I am sad for mom, dad, and baby
I would expect a judge to award 50/50 custody to the father, if he wanted it. Gone are the days were the mother automatically received primary custody, and the dad received every other weekend. Frankly, she should have expected this.
Yoloo
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 8115
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:09 am

Unread post Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:29 pm

PinkMartini wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:27 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:05 pm
I would expect a judge to award 50/50 custody to the father, if he wanted it. Gone are the days were the mother automatically received primary custody, and the dad received every other weekend. Frankly, she should have expected this.
She was not expecting it because it is not the norm for a baby at that age
Olioxenfree
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 5723
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 5:53 pm

Unread post Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:32 pm

It's not ideal, but he's equally the babies parent. Imagine if your daughter was told she could only see her baby on weekends. It's only fair.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic