I think if you fly a confederate flag all year, you shouldn’t try to celebrate the 4th of July

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:16 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:00 pm I'm out of the loop her. Not sure what the confederate flag is or what's special about that day in July lol
Outside the US? The 4th of July celebrates the signing of the Declaration of Independence. It’s America’s birthday. The Confederate Flag is from the Civil War. It represents the south, and the parts of the country which favored slavery remaining legal, and states that wanted to succeed from the Union (in a nutshell).
I am outside the US. Thank you for explaining. I always just knew it as "American independence day" I didnt realise it was in july :)
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:50 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:44 pm Yawn.
It's a piece of cloth.
Next...
The US flag doesn’t represent anything to you?
It represents the idea behind the flag, yes. The actual mass produced cloth flags you are talking about? No.
They are nothing special.
If someone took Betsy's original flag and ruined it, I would think it's a shame to lose a piece of American history.
I don't place such importance on an object though. I'd rather place the importance on what it represents.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I don't think you're wrong about that.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I miss the days when everything everyone did wasn't fodder for outrage.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:17 pm I miss the days when everything everyone did wasn't fodder for outrage.

Society used to be more mature.
YoYiggy
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I agree.
🤷🏽‍♀️
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:47 pm
wildflowers25 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:17 pm I miss the days when everything everyone did wasn't fodder for outrage.

Society used to be more mature.
It certainly seems that way. I'm glad I didn't grow up with social media and this constant outrage about every little thing being shared 24 hours a day.
cellomom26
Regent
Regent

Unread post

🤣🤣🤣
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:16 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:00 pm I'm out of the loop her. Not sure what the confederate flag is or what's special about that day in July lol
Outside the US? The 4th of July celebrates the signing of the Declaration of Independence. It’s America’s birthday. The Confederate Flag is from the Civil War. It represents the south, and the parts of the country which favored slavery remaining legal, and states that wanted to succeed from the Union (in a nutshell).

Secede
Locked Previous topicNext topic