His scalp was bleeding.

BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I came home from work tonight and I was talking to my youngest son about cutting his hair this weekend. He was sitting at the table and I ran my hand through his hair and saw I had blood on my hand. I was alarmed.
I started looking through his hair and his whole head had oozing sores that were bleeding. I could tell he just washed his hair earlier today before I went to work. I asked what he washed his head with. He said the stuff in the bathroom.
I looked to see what we had and it was coconut white rain shampoo. I don’t usually get coconut. He must be allergic to it. Plus he has some scalp issues anyway.
I decided his hair needed cut tonight. I rewashed his hair in the sink before cutting it and I used baby shampoo and his scalp looked so much better but he said it still itches and burned some.
Any idea what I can do to help with the discomfort?
Attachments
81C260A4-A9C7-4985-A50D-1B70AAE296D2.jpeg
1540F285-D3E2-4E3E-B39E-D91BFF7EAD56.jpeg
A5954B2C-06AD-4508-A693-2BB07897020D.jpeg
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Mixture of cortisone cream and vitamin E or neosporin?
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:53 pm Mixture of cortisone cream and vitamin E or neosporin?
I have some neosporin. It’s good at healing but I wasnt sure if it would help ease the itching and burning. I may have some cortisone. I don’t think I have vitamin E lotion. Most of the lotions I have I don’t think would be good on his scalp. I have goats milk lotion that he put on his hands the other day and immediately said it burned and had to wash it off.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think I did a decent job cutting his hair 😊
Before and after...
Attachments
EECDDE91-4219-4879-8669-7275370E6E21.jpeg
8B9838E4-4F85-4C09-BAB0-64B0285EAD43.jpeg
Deleted User 670

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:56 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:53 pm Mixture of cortisone cream and vitamin E or neosporin?
I have some neosporin. It’s good at healing but I wasnt sure if it would help ease the itching and burning. I may have some cortisone. I don’t think I have vitamin E lotion. Most of the lotions I have I don’t think would be good on his scalp. I have goats milk lotion that he put on his hands the other day and immediately said it burned and had to wash it off.
Not lotion, vitamin e capsule. But the cortisone will help iwth the itch and the neosporin oinment will be soothing too. It'll help keep the air off the wound which can make it hurt and itch more.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:21 am
BionicBunny wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:56 pm
Not lotion, vitamin e capsule. But the cortisone will help iwth the itch and the neosporin oinment will be soothing too. It'll help keep the air off the wound which can make it hurt and itch more.
Oh ok. I was thinking lotion for some reason.
Thanks for the tips. I’ll try it. Hopefully it relieves it so he doesn’t break the sores opens again. I was so surprised how many he has on his head. I don’t think all those sores were from scratching his scalp either. He hardly has any nails. He bites them all off. It’s like his scalp just cracked open. Who would of thought coconut would do that. Poor guy. 🙁
Jlop0004
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Oh wow that's weird! We are currently using white rain coconut shampoo, but with no problems so far.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

My ds gets that anytime he uses a nonorganic shampoo. Last time he had to be prescribed antibiotics to get rid of them.
I don't really have any advice though.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:03 am My ds gets that anytime he uses a nonorganic shampoo. Last time he had to be prescribed antibiotics to get rid of them.
I don't really have any advice though.
Did they get infected?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Give him an antihistamine too. That will help with the itch.
Locked Previous topicNext topic