How much do you make an hour?

Anonymous 12

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:50 am
Anonymous 12 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:54 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:30 pm Eight dollars an hour as a CNA
As a CNA
Holy shit. I make $10 and i am not ever certified. Certified CNA ATmy company makes much more
Do you do home health, nursing home?
Location, location, location. State to state, city to city.

I started at a small town hospital in Virginia, then 5 years later moved to the Midwest (to a bigger city). Starting pay was pretty close to double up here. My mom is an NP at the same hospital where I started (she’s worked for that system for 30+ years), and if I worked full time I’d make a bit more than her just as an RN here.
I live in a very lcol area. Minimum wage here is $7.25. Even here I can't fathom a certified CNA making $8hr. There is no way in hell i would do what i do for that pay.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Anonymous 12 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:54 am
Anonymous 12 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:54 pm

As a CNA
Holy shit. I make $10 and i am not ever certified. Certified CNA ATmy company makes much more
Do you do home health, nursing home?

I started at a small town hospital in Virginia, then 5 years later moved to the Midwest (to a bigger city). Starting pay was pretty close to double up here. My mom is an NP at the same hospital where I started (she’s worked for that system for 30+ years), and if I worked full time I’d make a bit more than her just as an RN here.
I live in a very lcol area. Minimum wage here is $7.25. Even here I can't fathom a certified CNA making $8hr. There is no way in hell i would do what i do for that pay.
Well, that’s the reality in some places. I made little more than that as a cna before I finished school (granted, that was over 10 years ago). With no education or certification, it sounds like you’re just lucky to live somewhere that pays decently. Not everyone is so fortunate, and you take what you can get.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:29 am

Well, that’s the reality in some places. I made little more than that as a cna before I finished school (granted, that was over 10 years ago). With no education or certification, it sounds like you’re just lucky to live somewhere that pays decently. Not everyone is so fortunate, and you take what you can get.

Most jobs here pay crap. $8hr 10 years ago is like $12hr now
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Anonymous 12 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:31 am

Not necessarily. You assume all employers raise base pay with inflation. They don't. I’m sure it has increased some, but I doubt cnas start at $12/hr there knowing what NPs make.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm just here for the comments... LOL!

I'm a SAHM and DH is salary.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:37 am
Anonymous 12 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:31 am

Not necessarily. You assume all employers raise base pay with inflation. They don't. I’m sure it has increased some, but I doubt cnas start at $12/hr there knowing what NPs make.
Most start out at a least $10. Even our competitors companies ( they pay less than the company i work for ) pay certified CNA at least $10, starting out. I've worked for a few myself making less because im not certified but trained. It is her choice but there is no way i would go to school and make a bit more than minimum wage.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

11.75 until probation is over and then 13.75 plus quarterly bonuses and an extra 14.50 hr.
i want candy!
Anonymous 13

Unread post

$20-$25/hr
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I deliver for grub hub and I’m guaranteed $12 an hour but I tend to make $20 an hour on average.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What do you do for a living?

I use to make $75 for 90 minute massages. I would do about four massages a day.
So that is about $37 an hour for an eight hour day.
Locked Previous topicNext topic