BM is taking us back to court

destinyangl21
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

Since we had DD we stopped paying for things that were outside of the court order. We will buy clothes and school supplies, but things such as cars, car insurance, cell phones for the oldest two. SD is old enough to get a job to pay for her cell phone and her car insurance and gas. SS18 is making 13 an hour and is working 40 hours a week plus he lives with us rent free.

When the support was ordered DH was only making 30k and that was almost 9 years ago.

Now he makes 42k and she makes 26 an hour as a part time RN. (She works two days a week, sometimes three but "can't handle" working full time.)

I don't know if the child support is going to go up or not, it might since she is wokring part time I just think its bullshit. She needs to support her kids too it shouldn't all be on DH.
Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

All I got was that your dh has 3 kids and only makes 42k a year.
destinyangl21
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

Lolabearlow wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:23 pm All I got was that your dh has 3 kids and only makes 42k a year.
Yup and I make about 60k. So everyone's needs and most wants are met.

Unread post

Lolabearlow wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:23 pm All I got was that your dh has 3 kids and only makes 42k a year.
In some areas that's plenty. I know in mine you are considered upper middle class
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

What do you do for work?
I shit glitter
destinyangl21
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:27 pm What do you do for work?
I work in sales.
Iffrinn
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

So? I guess it depends on where you live, but we raised all 3 of our kids on less than that, and they may not have gotten every single thing they ever wanted, but they had everything they needed, and a great deal of what they wanted. They certainly didn't suffer.
Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Iffrinn wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:32 pm
So? I guess it depends on where you live, but we raised all 3 of our kids on less than that, and they may not have gotten every single thing they ever wanted, but they had everything they needed, and a great deal of what they wanted. They certainly didn't suffer.

That's not even at the poverty line in California. Even with her income it would only be lower middle class.
anon 1

Unread post

Lolabearlow wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:42 pm
Iffrinn wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:32 pm

That's not even at the poverty line in California. Even with her income it would only be lower middle class.
Every place isn't as expensive as California or where I live NY.
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

If she “can’t handle” working full time to meet their needs/wants , then she can’t handle the current custody arrangement and you guys need full. Needs are met, so what is it she really wants?
Locked Previous topicNext topic