I dont do job interviews

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Whatevs. Your career to possibly screw up with missed opportunities.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I agree with you. If they're trying to poach you from your current company then they already know what they need to know. They should be asking "what can we do to get you to come work for us?"
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:39 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:37 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:22 pm I had a company contact me saying they want me to come in and interview for a position there. I turned it down. I dont do job interviews. I have actually never had a real job interview.

I had interviews a few times for university and I went to tons of mock interviews for college fairs.

At this point in my career I am not going to waste my time with an interview. If you are contacting me over a job it should be because you think I am good and want me to work there. I never saw the point of going out of your want to contact someone just to interview them

That is my weird pet peeve
That's really stupid.
Why exactly? I see no point to waste my time on an interview. If you are contacting me it should be because you want me as an employee not because you want me to interview
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:44 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:42 pm
Why exactly? I see no point to waste my time on an interview. If you are contacting me it should be because you want me as an employee not because you want me to interview
How the f**k are they going to know if they want you as an employee if you don't ever sit down and interview with them?
That's why it's stupid. It's counter productive and makes you look really entitled. Who the f**k would ever hire someone that is so uppity and full of themselves that they won't even meet with the HR to discuss anything.
And it's not a pet peeve. A pet peeve is like when it drives me crazy that people don't push in their chairs when they get up and leave their desks.
My reputation and my work experience. I have not been unemployed since I was 18 and I have never once done a job interview. If you are contacting me wanting me to work there and leave my current job you need to want me. Not want to just interview me

I will meet with whoever to discuss the job offer of course but interviewing just isnt going to happen
I knew you were gonna say that shit.
Sorry you have no personality outside of your reputation and work experience. Basically your personality is summed up by some bullet points on your resume. That's what people are trying to judge from having an interview. Who YOU are. Not what you've accomplished.
If I were a hiring manager and you said that shit I'd tell every other hiring manager I knew.
Your shit stinks just as much as everybody else's. So does your F***ing attitude.

Get your head out of your ass, there's people out there that are WAY better than you and people out there that are WAY worse.
How pathetic.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Whatever
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:49 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:42 pm

How the f**k are they going to know if they want you as an employee if you don't ever sit down and interview with them?
That's why it's stupid. It's counter productive and makes you look really entitled. Who the f**k would ever hire someone that is so uppity and full of themselves that they won't even meet with the HR to discuss anything.
And it's not a pet peeve. A pet peeve is like when it drives me crazy that people don't push in their chairs when they get up and leave their desks.
My reputation and my work experience. I have not been unemployed since I was 18 and I have never once done a job interview. If you are contacting me wanting me to work there and leave my current job you need to want me. Not want to just interview me

I will meet with whoever to discuss the job offer of course but interviewing just isnt going to happen
Sorry you have no personality outside of your reputation and work experience. Basically your personality is summed up by some bullet points on your resume. That's what people are trying to judge from having an interview. Who YOU are. Not what you've accomplished.
If I were a hiring manager and you said that shit I'd tell every other hiring manager I knew.
Your shit stinks just as much as everybody else's. So does your F***ing attitude.

Get your head out of your ass, there's people out there that are WAY better than you and people out there that are WAY worse.
How pathetic.
I have an amazing personality and people love me. I can see how I am coming off cocky here but it isnt like I am like that all the time. You are really stretching here.

Knowing my worth and knowing how much value my time has doesnt mean I dont have a personality. My head isnt in my ass. It would take a good job offer to even consider leaving my current job anyway. If someone isnt willing to offer that then it isnt worth wasting my time on.

You are the one sounding so upset over something that has nothing to do with you.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:52 pm

How pathetic.
I have an amazing personality and people love me. I can see how I am coming off cocky here but it isnt like I am like that all the time. You are really stretching here.

Knowing my worth and knowing how much value my time has doesnt mean I dont have a personality. My head isnt in my ass. It would take a good job offer to even consider leaving my current job anyway. If someone isnt willing to offer that then it isnt worth wasting my time on.

You are the one sounding so upset over something that has nothing to do with you.

How the f**k is anybody supposed to know you have an amazing personality if you never meet with them?
This entire thing is going WAY over your head.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Emandab wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:49 pm I agree with you. If they're trying to poach you from your current company then they already know what they need to know. They should be asking "what can we do to get you to come work for us?"
Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:37 pm

That's really stupid.
That is what happens in the interview. I've worked at Fortune 500 companies, and have never heard of anyone getting a bonafide offer without at least two interviews. If you are not local, the first interview it is often done via facetime or phone, but they still bring you in for the offer.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:53 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:52 pm

How pathetic.

How the f**k is anybody supposed to know you have an amazing personality if you never meet with them?
This entire thing is going WAY over your head.
Because they work with me or know people who work with me.

I get job offers all the time. Why would I waste my time on an interview?

This is going over your head it seems.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:54 pm
Emandab wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:49 pm I agree with you. If they're trying to poach you from your current company then they already know what they need to know. They should be asking "what can we do to get you to come work for us?"
That is what happens in the interview. I've worked at Fortune 500 companies, and have never heard of anyone getting a bonafide offer without at least two interviews. If you are not local, the first interview it is often done via facetime or phone, but they still bring you in for the offer.
I'm one of the top people in my field. I get offered jobs all the time. Most are not even worth it though.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I never really thought about it but I’m in the same boat. For my actual career I’ve never had a real interview. I would decline too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic