I dont do job interviews

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I had a company contact me saying they want me to come in and interview for a position there. I turned it down. I dont do job interviews. I have actually never had a real job interview.

I had interviews a few times for university and I went to tons of mock interviews for college fairs.

At this point in my career I am not going to waste my time with an interview. If you are contacting me over a job it should be because you think I am good and want me to work there. I never saw the point of going out of your want to contact someone just to interview them

That is my weird pet peeve
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Have you considered the possibility that by “interview” they actually mean “face to face conversation so we can hire you”?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:26 pm Have you considered the possibility that by “interview” they actually mean “face to face conversation so we can hire you”?
Then say you want to talk about a job offer. There is 0 reason to call it an interview if it isnt one
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:29 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:26 pm Have you considered the possibility that by “interview” they actually mean “face to face conversation so we can hire you”?
Then say you want to talk about a job offer. There is 0 reason to call it an interview if it isnt one
I’ll be sure to be careful about the way I phrase it if I ever call to offer you a job. 😉

Seriously, is there an exception? What if someone from the greatest company in your field offered you an interview?
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:22 pm I had a company contact me saying they want me to come in and interview for a position there. I turned it down. I dont do job interviews. I have actually never had a real job interview.

I had interviews a few times for university and I went to tons of mock interviews for college fairs.

At this point in my career I am not going to waste my time with an interview. If you are contacting me over a job it should be because you think I am good and want me to work there. I never saw the point of going out of your want to contact someone just to interview them

That's really stupid.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:35 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:29 pm
I’ll be sure to be careful about the way I phrase it if I ever call to offer you a job. 😉

Seriously, is there an exception? What if someone from the greatest company in your field offered you an interview?
I cant think of any place that would be worth interviewing for.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:37 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:22 pm I had a company contact me saying they want me to come in and interview for a position there. I turned it down. I dont do job interviews. I have actually never had a real job interview.

That's really stupid.
Why exactly? I see no point to waste my time on an interview. If you are contacting me it should be because you want me as an employee not because you want me to interview
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:39 pm

That's really stupid.
Why exactly? I see no point to waste my time on an interview. If you are contacting me it should be because you want me as an employee not because you want me to interview
How the f**k are they going to know if they want you as an employee if you don't ever sit down and interview with them?
That's why it's stupid. It's counter productive and makes you look really entitled. Who the f**k would ever hire someone that is so uppity and full of themselves that they won't even meet with the HR to discuss anything.
And it's not a pet peeve. A pet peeve is like when it drives me crazy that people don't push in their chairs when they get up and leave their desks.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:42 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:39 pm

That's really stupid.
How the f**k are they going to know if they want you as an employee if you don't ever sit down and interview with them?
That's why it's stupid. It's counter productive and makes you look really entitled. Who the f**k would ever hire someone that is so uppity and full of themselves that they won't even meet with the HR to discuss anything.
And it's not a pet peeve. A pet peeve is like when it drives me crazy that people don't push in their chairs when they get up and leave their desks.
My reputation and my work experience. I have not been unemployed since I was 18 and I have never once done a job interview. If you are contacting me wanting me to work there and leave my current job you need to want me. Not want to just interview me

I will meet with whoever to discuss the job offer of course but interviewing just isnt going to happen
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Good luck with that. My husband is in the IT industry, he's the Director of Operations in his company and even he had to go on an interview to get that job.
Locked Previous topicNext topic