I dont do job interviews

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Have fun being unemployed.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:22 pm the way i see it, interviews go both ways. they are interviewing me just as much as i am interviewing them. do i want to work with/for these people? what's their culture like? who are the people i'll be working with and will i be able to tolerate them? what's the work ethic like? i guess if you don't care about any of that and will take whoever offers the most money, then cool. you do you.
If I don't know enough about a company after researching I usually just ask to go in and observe for a couple days. I know about a lot of places though from working with people or from former co workers

I am very picky when it comes to jobs
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:53 pm Have fun being unemployed.
I have never been unemployed once as an adult
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I have never been unemployed since leaving college. I have been in the same field for 30 years. I am well paid, and have an excellent professional history. I consider an interview as an opportunity for me to size up the company. I decide if I want to work with/for the company while they interview me. The interview is designed to work both ways.

You do what you feel works for you, but, honestly I consider not interviewing to be a short sighted move.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

How are they supposed to know if you a a good fit for the job if they don't interview you.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Some of you are so F***ing weird.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:51 pm I have never been unemployed since leaving college. I have been in the same field for 30 years. I am well paid, and have an excellent professional history. I consider an interview as an opportunity for me to size up the company. I decide if I want to work with/for the company while they interview me. The interview is designed to work both ways.

You do what you feel works for you, but, honestly I consider not interviewing to be a short sighted move.
With age discrimination being so prevalent, I wouldn't take job offers for granted. Soon enough those job offers will dwindle for her and she will have wished to took them seriously.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:39 pm
Dylexsmommy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:37 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:22 pm I had a company contact me saying they want me to come in and interview for a position there. I turned it down. I dont do job interviews. I have actually never had a real job interview.

I had interviews a few times for university and I went to tons of mock interviews for college fairs.

At this point in my career I am not going to waste my time with an interview. If you are contacting me over a job it should be because you think I am good and want me to work there. I never saw the point of going out of your want to contact someone just to interview them

That is my weird pet peeve
That's really stupid.
Why exactly? I see no point to waste my time on an interview. If you are contacting me it should be because you want me as an employee not because you want me to interview
Because even though they like what they see on paper they probably want to see if you're worth dealing with as a person.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:29 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:26 pm Have you considered the possibility that by “interview” they actually mean “face to face conversation so we can hire you”?
Then say you want to talk about a job offer. There is 0 reason to call it an interview if it isnt one
Why on earth would anyone just make you an offer without speaking to you to determine how entitled or unpleasant or unable to get along with others you might be? If you can't get along with people and have a bad attitude, why would they bring you on their team? The only way they know anything about you would be through a conversation. You certainly think very highly of yourself ... They may not share that sentiment.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 172

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:28 pm I had a really great interview today and am taking the position due to how well it went.
Congratulations!!
Locked Previous topicNext topic