Dangers of antidepressants

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I was prescribed anti depressants a couple months ago.
About a month after i started the meds my 6 year old was drying off his hands after washing them when a completely random thought popped into my head that it would be really really easy to hurt him in some horrible way. I've never thought like this before and it didn't feel like my thought.
I stopped taking the pills after that and haven't had a thought like that since.
I guess I'm one of those people that has dangerous reactions to meds like that.

I hope if any of you take anti depressants you never feel or think that way.
It was terrifying for such a random dangerous thought to pop into my head.

That is my confession.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You are supposed to contact your doctor if you have thoughts like that while on antidepressants. If I were you I’d call first thing in the morning.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:25 pm You are supposed to contact your doctor if you have thoughts like that while on antidepressants. If I were you I’d call first thing in the morning.
I didn't know that. It was over a month ago now and i feel physically and mentally fine. I havent had a single dark thought like that since then.
I'll call her and let her know though. Ive always been terrified of taking meds like that because of all the horrible side effects.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Please retitle as "dangers of making medical decisions based on random, non-evidence based anecdotes from anonymous strangers online."
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:38 pm Please retitle as "dangers of making medical decisions based on random, non-evidence based anecdotes from anonymous strangers online."
What are you talking about?
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would let my doctor know. Do yu need to be on medication? Is there something else you can take?
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Prozac messed me up a few years ago. I was prescribed it for anxiety, not depression.

A month in, I felt like a zombie. No emotions, no care about anything, and my blood pressure went through the roof. I'm a SAHM and DD was like 3 at the time. I dreaded getting up in the morning while on Prozac. It made everything worse for me.

I stopped taking it and things slowly got back to normal. I'd rather be anxious than feel like that. Just my experience. It's worked great for many.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

You should have contacted the doctor that prescribed the meds immediately.
It takes time to get the right meds or combination of meds to help treat you.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:45 pm I would let my doctor know. Do yu need to be on medication? Is there something else you can take?
I have horrible insomnia. That's why my dr prescribed it. Not for depression. To be honest it didn't help me sleep anyway.
Instead of the meds I've been taking a low dose of melatonin which helps but some nights I'm still up til about 3 am when i have to be up at 6. And i try to tire out my body and mind before i go to bed.
Danesmommy1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Please... Anecdotal evidence of your stray thought hardly holds up. Anti depressants have literally saved my life time and time again for 20+ years.
She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain.
Locked Previous topicNext topic