at least he tried right?

RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SO wanted to do something nice for me so he said he's taking ds with him to Home depot while I sleep in. He took ds in the livingroom with him and I kid you not, he came back into the bedroom 5 times to ask me questions. Did I change his pamper? Where is his clothes? where is his socks? where is his shoes? should he feed him before they leave? Now I'm wide awake. I'm grateful for his act of kindness but us Mother's would've handled things differently if we were "letting" dad sleep in, dad would've actually got to sleep in. Right or wrong?
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Very right. I mean mine could handle the kids just fine. He was awesome with babies but he'd wake me up to tell me we're out of peanut butter or something stupid like that.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lol, I do not miss that part of the baby stage...
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This is not a mother or a father thing. This is an individual thing. My husband knows where his children's clothes are, when they eat, and how to check a diaper.
I would have said to him "I know you are trying to do something nice and I appreciate it. Thank you for that. But, you are an adult, this is your child, problem solve. If you're waking me up every minute to tell you where something is, it defeats the point of letting me sleep in. I mean this to be honest, not to hurt you, I think the you really should be spending more time with your kids if you are having this much trouble getting them ready in the morning."
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:15 am This is not a mother or a father thing. This is an individual thing. My husband knows where his children's clothes are, when they eat, and how to check a diaper.
I would have said to him "I know you are trying to do something nice and I appreciate it. Thank you for that. But, you are an adult, this is your child, problem solve. If you're waking me up every minute to tell you where something is, it defeats the point of letting me sleep in. I mean this to be honest, not to hurt you, I think the you really should be spending more time with your kids if you are having this much trouble getting them ready in the morning."
He leaves for work way too early to do the morning routine. He also knows where everything is but he's just not confident enough to chose something for him to wear. It's just easier for me to leave everything out and in order if I want to sleep in.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RealisticBeauty wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:28 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:15 am This is not a mother or a father thing. This is an individual thing. My husband knows where his children's clothes are, when they eat, and how to check a diaper.
He leaves for work way too early to do the morning routine. He also knows where everything is but he's just not confident enough to chose something for him to wear. It's just easier for me to leave everything out and in order if I want to sleep in.
It has nothing to do with morning routine. It's about learning to problem solve and having a general knowledge of your child, which is something a man is perfectly capable of. My husband doesn't do the morning routine, he leaves for work at 5:30am. But, he's still taken a look around his kids rooms and knows where their socks and shoes go. A dad is just as capable as a mom to think it would be a pretty good idea to just look at the weather and figure out an outfit, instead of waking someone up to ask them what their own kid should wear. You don't need to be around in the mornings to know how to check a diaper and see if it should be changed or not.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Ignore perfect Lena and her perfect circus, hehe
Hey did try but tell him next time to give you a little notice so you can set everything out or make a detailed list for him.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:36 am
It has nothing to do with morning routine. It's about learning to problem solve and having a general knowledge of your child, which is something a man is perfectly capable of. My husband doesn't do the morning routine, he leaves for work at 5:30am. But, he's still taken a look around his kids rooms and knows where their socks and shoes go. A dad is just as capable as a mom to think it would be a pretty good idea to just look at the weather and figure out an outfit, instead of waking someone up to ask them what their own kid should wear. You don't need to be around in the mornings to know how to check a diaper and see if it should be changed or not.
In a perfect world every man would be like that.
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I agree he did try and it was nice.

Wrong that all dads are like that. My husband and I have always worked opposite shifts. He has taken care of them 50% of the time since they were newborns. He is fully capable.

I'm not judging yours at all but not all men are like that.

At least you get some quiet time by yourself, though. Enjoy it.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:37 am
Ignore perfect Lena and her perfect circus, hehe
Hey did try but tell him next time to give you a little notice so you can set everything out or make a detailed list for him.
Yes I noticed she's Mrs perfect. I'm definitely preparing everything next time because it would be nice to be sleeping in right now.
Locked Previous topicNext topic